[SOLVED] How do I update bios without cpu or flashback button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2020
I've recently built a PC with my father that has taken a little over a month and a half. It has a I9-10900x, an rtx 2070 super ftw3 ultra, 64gb ddr4 memory, and an ASRock x299 taichi clx. When turning it on for the first time excited to see the bios screen, I was sad to see that nothing came up, several debug codes came up, 3b, 15, c0, and 49.

After researching these codes and looking through almost every forum I found out that the bios needs to be updated. So I installed the latest bios for the i9-10900x onto my 16gb thumb drive and realized that the mobo doesn't have a flash bios button. So I'm stuck.

Also when I plug in the HDMI for the monitor I have (yes I know it's not a display port but it's the only monitor available at the house I'm at for the week) it displays no signal and proceeds to go to sleep.

So if someone could resolve my problems on the updating the bios and my monitor not getting signal from the HDMI on my pc, that would be amazing!

Solution
Take to a reputable computer shop and have them flash the BIOS for you.

Your only other choice is to buy a supported CPU in order to get the motherboard to POST so you can update the BIOS.
Status
Not open for further replies.