Question how do i update my bios

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 6, 2020
how do i update my bios?
motherboard: gigabyte h81m-hd3
graphics card: asus nvidia gtx 1060 3gb
ram: ddr3 8gb
processor: i5 4570.
how do i update bios? i dont know which version i have rev1 or rev2 and i dont know where to download the bios from, HELP!!

Apr 6, 2020
The blinking white line means that your system can't boot from the boot drive.
Again, unplug the power cable and remove the BIOS battery named BAT on the motherboard diagram above for 15-20 minutes. Before putting the battery back in touch those 2 CLR_CMOS pins again for 10-20 seconds.
Before starting the system unplug all your storage devices too(HDDs, SSDs, USBs, CD/DVDs).
Add in snapchat elzzu1 so we can video call so its easier for you to tell me what to do

i cant find a BAT named cable? is it pcb?

It's this one highlited in red:

2Uxb3cv.jpg

It's a round battery.

Pull it out for 15-20 minutes... when you put it back in it must have the + sign upwards. Before putting it back in don't forget to short the CLR_CMOS pins.

Apr 6, 2020
Have you disconnected all of your HDDs?
Try plugging your monitor into the integrated GPU(video ports on your motherboard).

I don't use snapchat... we'll try to solve it here.
i plugged it in with hdmi on my motherboard on notnin my gpu and it showed a blue screen for a while

i plugged it in with hdmi on my motherboard on notnin my gpu and it showed a blue screen for a while

So, you still can't access your BIOS? even with the onboard GPU and no HDDs plugged in(unplug sata connections from your HDD)?
What do you mean by a blue screen(is there any writing on)? do you get a signal on your monitor with the integrated GPU?

Apr 6, 2020
So, you still can't access your BIOS? even with the onboard GPU and no HDDs plugged in(unplug sata connections from your HDD)?
What do you mean by a blue screen(is there any writing on)? do you get a signal on your monitor with the integrated GPU?
now i dont have the blue screen it just came cuz i didnt have hdmi connection, i cant acces bios still. but do i still need this if i buy i7 6700k, asus z170 viii impact and 16gb ddr4 for 150$

now i dont have the blue screen it just came cuz i didnt have hdmi connection, i cant acces bios still. but do i still need this if i buy i7 6700k, asus z170 viii impact and 16gb ddr4 for 150$

Don't you have any DVI or VGA cable to plug into the motherboard video outputs?

That's not a bad deal for that PC, but if you want to build a whole new system I'd go with a Ryzen 5 1600AF(or 2600 if 1600AF not available) + a B450 motherboard + 16 GB of DDR4 3200 MHz RAM.

yes, but it seems to work fine with hdmi but i still cant get into q-flash or bios

By working fine, do you mean that it's getting into windows?

If not... I'm asking you to try with the DVI or VGA cable plugged into your motherboard, not into the GTX 1060.... you have a VGA and a DVI port onto your motherboard.

Oopps.. now I saw that you have a hdmi port on the motherboard.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020
By working fine, do you mean that it's getting into windows?

If not... I'm asking you to try with the DVI or VGA cable plugged into your motherboard, not into the GTX 1060.... you have a VGA and a DVI port onto your motherboard.

Oopps.. now I saw that you have a hdmi port on the motherboard.
so what do i do? it still goes to blinking and nothing happens do i plug in my sata hdd or doni unplug some different cables?

TRENDING THREADS