[SOLVED] How do io solve this on my new hdd Relative performance n/a - RAM cached drive detected?

Solution
What model is the HDD.
This happens to me all the time, I have an SSD as a HDD cache and 2GB of RAM as an SSD cache.
I think your HDD is an SSHD, or a Solid state Hard drive, which is a spinner with an SSD as a cache built in to the drive. you cannot turn off the cache like I can (software based solution) the test cannot tell if its a HDD or an SSD and so it skips the test.
download crystaldiskmark and run speed tests with that.

this test was run on a slow Kingston A400 480GB, but it had 2GB of DDR4 3000 acting as a read and write cache so the numbers are way way way faster then they should be on a single SSD.

this confusion is throwing off the tests.
crystaldiskmark will give results on the drive like...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
What model is the HDD.
This happens to me all the time, I have an SSD as a HDD cache and 2GB of RAM as an SSD cache.
I think your HDD is an SSHD, or a Solid state Hard drive, which is a spinner with an SSD as a cache built in to the drive. you cannot turn off the cache like I can (software based solution) the test cannot tell if its a HDD or an SSD and so it skips the test.

this test was run on a slow Kingston A400 480GB, but it had 2GB of DDR4 3000 acting as a read and write cache so the numbers are way way way faster then they should be on a single SSD.

crystaldiskmark will give results on the drive like this.
SSDRAM-cache.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 26, 2020
What model is the HDD.

crystaldiskmark will give results on the drive like this.
SSDRAM-cache.jpg
Well the hdd is a normal seagate 2 tb hard drive and the problem got solved when i but some data on the drive