[SOLVED] How do Whatsapp apps in Android and a computer work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I’d greatly appreciate if anyone explained to me, basically, what these two need to work together. I mean: I had the idea that Whatsapp app on a phone (such as an Android phone) and on a computer (such as in macOS or Windows) needed to be close together (with Bluetooth or WIFI turned on so they can learn they’re nearby). However, I’ve made a little test: I turned off WIFI and Bluetooth on my Android phone and then I turned off Location Services completely in my Mac Mini, I was surprised the Whatsapp app in macOS still worked and any chats I typed into transferred across the two devices.

Any help much welcome

Solution
both devices are logged in and connected to the central server. that's how they sync up. it has nothing to do with being nearby another device.

same reason facenook/instagram/twitter/etc all stay sync across multiple devices. they all tal to the same server and have the same data to download and view.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
both devices are logged in and connected to the central server. that's how they sync up. it has nothing to do with being nearby another device.

same reason facenook/instagram/twitter/etc all stay sync across multiple devices. they all tal to the same server and have the same data to download and view.

Reactions: Rodion15
Solution

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011

Clarified. Super-thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.