Question How do you enable ACHI in the Phoenix Technologies 6.00 PG BIOS?

Apr 19, 2019
I have a desktop with an EVGA motherboard (Southbridge Nvidia 680i SLI MCP rev.2- Chipset Nvidia 680i SLI SPP rev.2) The BIOS is Phoenix Technologies 6.00 PG.

I am hoping you could provide very specific instructions or steps to enable ACHI in the BIOS. I cannot find any setting myself. The reason being is that I have a 240 gig Kingston SSD as the only HD and the Kingston SDD manager cannot see the drive unless ACHI is enabled (In order for the SSD manager to detect your drive you would need to have AHCI enabled in your BIOS. - From IronKeySupport@kingston)

The other question I have is about updating BIOS. On the EVGA forums, all instructions for updating the BIOS mention burning CD's, or floppies but no mention of USBs. Does this mean that you cannot update the BIOS from USB or that it has simply not been mentioned in that forum?

Thank you

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
You need to list the Exact model and revision of that EVGA MB, it should be printed on the MB somewhere.
That way someone can download and look in that BIOS and see if that option even exists.
It may be there but locked (not visible to the user) or it may not have that option at all.