How do you paint a pc case?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MonsterMawd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I've discovered that Plastikote's Engine Enamel Aerosol paint is the best for DIY paint jobs on cases and parts. It's very forgiving when you apply it heavy, I'm only guessing, but it may be oil based paint, since it's made to withstand high temps?

This is a good guide for DIY painting your PC case

http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/481-diy-mod-guide-painting-anodized-aluminum-pc-case/

Timberwolf55

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Timberwolf55

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
hey im a veteran painter,30 years in the field and have done federal jobs,migs,.stealths,tanks,and also commercial buildings!!
Ok some one stated using oil based,a good polyurethane(Engine paint is a tad over board,but is basicly the same kind of paint,its more durable and will with stand intense heat,cheap isnt better,but i would for sure get a spray can of paint,do it in layers,lightly,build it up,i have a HVLP,so am ahead of the game) will work excellent,on both plastic and metal,far as the prep,on the plastic,i would use,carpenters putty,water it down a tad so you can do a slurry coat on it,so its smooth,then use unm,maybe 220 or atleast 180 grid sand paper,be careful,im doing the same thing,am taking a full tower by dell and gonna make it Rock..lol...also you can use a good polyurethane caulk,but thats a one step deal,cant sand it,and better be a pro, application wise or your screwed..i would use a carpenters putty like i said for the scratches etc,then i would use kills oil base,can get it in spray cans,then a good oil base finish,color of your choice,and watch it the nozzels will clog,the cheap ones suck..warning ok...get what ya pay for! email me if you have any questions!

lotekon

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
Hello,
I have my computers painted a few years already. I do it not only for myself but also for my friends. We invent different weird patterns and combine different techniques. We always bring the ready idea to http://goodservice.ca
and they do everything for us. I recommend.