How do you want to open this type of file?

Amberr

Honorable
Sep 14, 2014
Hello everyone! So I fixed it a long time ago from asking "how do you want to open this type of file?" Over and over every time i tried to download something. Well it started again tonight out of no where. I can not remember what I did the first time for the life of me. Read that I need to go into my cmd and type in "Wscript.axe //H:Wscript" But when I try that I just get "Wscript.axe is not recognized as an internal command." This is really pissing me off. Any help? Windows 7 never pulled this shit.

EDIT: and it is not asking me, and then I chose and it downloads. It ask me, I chose, then It closes the download. I go back to download it. It ask me, I chose it closes the download. Over and over. I can not install anything.

Solution
I assume that is a typo where you write wscript.axe as exe would be the extension for an executable file. If I saw such a file I'd probably delete it as likely virus, but I assume also that you have it from a secure source and not a random internet site and are just reloading a virus over and over.

If it is named wscript.axe, that is the problem. Windows doesn't recognize it, exe is the correct extension for an executable. Unless this is supposed to open in a specific application of course

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I assume that is a typo where you write wscript.axe as exe would be the extension for an executable file. If I saw such a file I'd probably delete it as likely virus, but I assume also that you have it from a secure source and not a random internet site and are just reloading a virus over and over.

If it is named wscript.axe, that is the problem. Windows doesn't recognize it, exe is the correct extension for an executable. Unless this is supposed to open in a specific application of course

Solution

harryoui

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
...if it is a .vbs or something that is sending repeated pop up messages, open taskmgr and killing the process 'wscript.exe' could fix your problem. The process 'wscript.exe' shouldn't normally be doing anything important if it is running, and likely could fix your problems with a force quit if it is running