Question How does cooler master warranty work?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What, specifically isn't clear?

North America:
If your product needs repair or defects within the first 30 days after purchase, please return it to the merchant from whom you purchased the product with and enclose a description of the problem and a copy of your proof of purchase with the defective product. All replacement products have an extended 30 days of warranty after the item has been received by the customer. For any extended warranty services covered under the Program, please log onto our website to complete the RMA request form online. The request form will allow you to request for replacement parts

In Europe:
Within the first 2 years after purchase, please return your product (or for power supplies installed within our enclosures, just the failed power supply) to your dealer or reseller for a replacement. If the product is still within warranty and you can no longer return it to your dealer, please contact Cooler Master Customer Support for assistance and instructions.

Outside North America and Europe:
If your product needs to be returned within the warranty period, please do so through the retailer or distributor from whom you purchased the product.

http://www.coolermaster.com/service/warranty.html

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
They won't 'charge' you for their time, but you may be responsible for shipping one way regardless, and almost certainly both ways if it's not defective.

I have no first-hand experience with the RMA process with CM but if your suspicious is the PSU, you might want to replace it initially & verify it is the cause.
Then, when you receive the replacement/repaired unit, sell it to offset the cost. Unfortunately, the only way to verify the route cause unless you hvae spare components laying around to test.

Feb 15, 2019
They won't 'charge' you for their time, but you may be responsible for shipping one way regardless, and almost certainly both ways if it's not defective.

I have no first-hand experience with the RMA process with CM but if your suspicious is the PSU, you might want to replace it initially & verify it is the cause.
Then, when you receive the replacement/repaired unit, sell it to offset the cost. Unfortunately, the only way to verify the route cause unless you hvae spare components laying around to test.
So if I ship it to them and they will test it and if its not faulty I have to pay for the return shipment?

And if it is indeed faulty I just ship it to them and after that I'll get a replacement gratis?

At the end of the day it all comes down to the cost of buying a new one sell it VS the shipment cost and the eventual rma of the gpu.

Is there something I got wrong?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
So if I ship it to them and they will test it and if its not faulty I have to pay for the return shipment?

And if it is indeed faulty I just ship it to them and after that I'll get a replacement gratis?

At the end of the day it all comes down to the cost of buying a new one sell it VS the shipment cost and the eventual rma of the gpu.

Is there something I got wrong?

I don't know. I would think you should, in that scenario.... so wouldn't be surprised if that's their stance. Ultimately, in that instance you sent in a fully working unit for them to test/verify?

If it's faulty, they'll either repair/replace, yes - assuming it's still under warranty.

Feb 15, 2019
I don't know. I would think you should, in that scenario.... so wouldn't be surprised if that's their stance. Ultimately, in that instance you sent in a fully working unit for them to test/verify?

If it's faulty, they'll either repair/replace, yes - assuming it's still under warranty.
Ok so today I just tried to rma,they teold me to return it to the shop but I got it online and amazon has a 1 mounth return policy only so should I like wait the third year for me to able to return it to them personally or what?
(support isnt responding so I figured asking here was my second best option).