[SOLVED] How does Humble Bundle work

test_123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2012
I'm consider buying Red Dead 2 on Humble Bundle. Do I get code key that allows me to download from Rockstar? Or, it like another version of Steam with its own launcher?

Solution
One way you can tell is near the purchase price, Humble Bundle lists what platform the key will be for. In this case, it's from the Epic Game Store, not Steam. Red Dead Redemption 2 has been delayed on Steam and any key you buy right now will not be for Steam.

test_123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2012
You’ll get a game key to dL from rockstar
If I bought RDR2 on Steam, would I still be forced to get the Rockstar launcher? I remember buying AC and Watchdogs on Steam but the UbiSoft launcher still gets installed. Hence, Steam simply starts the UbiSoft launcher. I'm trying to avoid having to install yet another game launcher. I was curious if there would be any advantage to getting the RDR2 on Steam Vs on sale on Humble Bundle.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
One way you can tell is near the purchase price, Humble Bundle lists what platform the key will be for. In this case, it's from the Epic Game Store, not Steam. Red Dead Redemption 2 has been delayed on Steam and any key you buy right now will not be for Steam.

Solution

test_123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2012
I already have Epic Game Store because of BL3. I guess it's a moot point. Does Epic Game Store also force you to load Rock Star launcher?