how does IR1 compare to samplitudes room sim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love the Room Simulator in 7.2.3 and I was just wondering what makes
the Waves IR2 V2.0 different, it is a little over half the cost of
SAM7. Is it really that much better or does it just offer more tweaking
stuff which would be a waste of money.
Anyways tough to beat SAM when you get so much for 1K

I think I remember that in Samplitude you can only feed the Room Sim a
mono signal, whereas the IR can do true stereo input? But it also
uses more resources.

Al

On 7 Jan 2005 21:45:15 -0800, "jdobb2001" <jdobbs2001@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I love the Room Simulator in 7.2.3 and I was just wondering what makes
>the Waves IR2 V2.0 different, it is a little over half the cost of
>SAM7. Is it really that much better or does it just offer more tweaking
>stuff which would be a waste of money.
>Anyways tough to beat SAM when you get so much for 1K

They are totally different sounding. The Waves is almost brutally
transparent, wheras the samplitude one has a bit warmer sound. The Waves
has a better tail, too when you shorten the impulse.

I use both pretty much equally.

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio

Please remove "Nospam" from address for replies

"jdobb2001" <jdobbs2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I love the Room Simulator in 7.2.3 and I was just wondering what makes
> the Waves IR2 V2.0 different, it is a little over half the cost of
> SAM7. Is it really that much better or does it just offer more tweaking
> stuff which would be a waste of money.
> Anyways tough to beat SAM when you get so much for 1K

Thanks I will need to take a look into it. so far I am happy with
Samplitudes Room simulator but maybe I will like Waves in a different
fashion, I will talk to the Waves folks and give it a whirl for a few
days.