Discussion How does one become a FORUM MODERATOR ? *Off Topic Query*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
And now my trophy score is only 1/7th of whats needed to be a titan.

/sigh

Just participate, and post good stuff and the trophies will come.

I can tell you from a moderators POV I don't care at all about what trophies you have. In fact many of my trophies haven't even registered properly my account is somewhat broken and I don't even care. What I do care about is seeing consistently good answers and advice from you, that's how you earn my respect as well as the mod team.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The only trophies you have any influence over are
  • Number of posts, and
  • How long you been here
Everything else relies on the people around you marking posts as Solved and you posting in as many different sections as you can to spread the points around.

I think I worked it out there is easily over 145k TP just in the top 2 trophy types on list, Best Answers and Discourse

It doesn't help to stick to 1 section and only answer there... i am an example of why. I only post in Win 10 subforum so am already max lvl in there and if I knew more about hardware, I could have a higher TP score now. Instead, every solution past 100 gets me nothing really... won't stop me posting there though.
Currently on 350, but then on old forums I had 3k BA in WIn 10 area and it was pretty pointless then too :)

I don't really care about Trophy points or trophies for that matter... Only time I look at the trophies under someone's name is if they only have a few, many of the ones under my name are just different levels of the same Trophy, last 5 I have got were for Likes. It should just show the top rank you have, not everything. Mods have been suggesting improvements the last 6 months.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
See here for other FAQs, including the "how to become a moderator" info:

Some of the content is dated, but some is still informative.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
See here for other FAQs, including the "how to become a moderator" info:

Some of the content is dated, but some is still informative.

THANKS COLGeek ! Excellent ! That Topic looks very informative, and it also contains consolidated info which I was looking for. I'm going through it now. :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
the link in that to badges doesn't work at moment, and the description of how you get some refers to old forums, not current ones... it will be updated (maybe I do it in morning)