How does the IP400 Handle 6x4 paper?

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Could anyone tell me how the Canon IP4000 handle 6x4 paper?
Is it the same way that the I865 does it, With a cartridge type system, or
does it have it's own slot?

Thanks For Any Help

Mike

Mikey wrote:

> Could anyone tell me how the Canon IP4000 handle 6x4 paper?
> Is it the same way that the I865 does it, With a cartridge type system, or
> does it have it's own slot?
>
> Thanks For Any Help

You mean that rather-cheapy-optional-plastic-attachment-cartridge-device
that hooks on near the feed in the top back.... My older i860 has it,
but I rarely used it. It's sitting in the closet. I prefer to feed the
photos one at a time through the main feeder.

The new "iP" models don't have this contraption. Canon has resorted to a
full-size second feeder tray under the printer. This is a removable
tray with sliding length and width guides (even the tray is adjustable
to size) so you can stock anything from A4, LTR, 5x7 and 4x6. It works
great, and I still don't use it for photos, just text paper. My Costco
paper is quite thick, not too flexible. I think the printer has to
bend the paper around a roller, so I prefer to feed my photos from the
top - as usual.

But I like the second, bottom tray idea. I don't have to remove the gold
fish bowl from the nice, flat printer top every time I print. But I
would have liked a slot opening for the paper to exit without having to
open the bulky damn door in the front. I'm sure they could have designed
a model with an sliding door exit slot that would activate when the
printer was turned on. Am I'm getting lazy? . . .

Relax, I was kidding about the gold fish bowl. In actual fact, on top
of my iP5000 right now I have a soft cloth cover, a Kleenex box, a
hefty book I printed, the Cash Box Top 100 Singles book, a photo of my
niece, and chewing gum (unused). All of these items would have promptly
rolled right off the older round top, bread box styled i860/i865s...

-Taliesyn

Mikey wrote:
> Could anyone tell me how the Canon IP4000 handle 6x4 paper?
> Is it the same way that the I865 does it, With a cartridge type
> system, or does it have it's own slot?
>
> Thanks For Any Help
>
> Mike

ip4000 has two feeders: one is cassette in which you can load whichever
paper you like, second is auto sheet feeder at upper rear - there you can
also position what you want. So, you can have plain paper in cassette and
all other stuff you put in auto sheet feeder- or vice versa - you can put
4x6 photo paper in cassette and feed plain paper in auto sheet feeder.