[SOLVED] How effective is this cooling?

SonnyNXiong

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
What if I threw a Wraith stealth cooler on a 2600(not X variant) and overclocked it to it's max and had Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut as my paste, would it effectively transfer heat from my cpu in a efficient manner? Or is my heat transfer limited by my heatsink and not by my thermal paste?

Solution
Thermal compound can help a bit, but typically there is not usually a large difference between one good paste and another - most of the variables lie within how well it is applied and the cooler effectively seated. You can easily see 1-5C difference using the same thermal compound just by how you apply it, how much and how well the cooler seats on the CPU IHS.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Thermal compound can help a bit, but typically there is not usually a large difference between one good paste and another - most of the variables lie within how well it is applied and the cooler effectively seated. You can easily see 1-5C difference using the same thermal compound just by how you apply it, how much and how well the cooler seats on the CPU IHS.

Solution