Question How i can i use this Home theater speakers with TV?

Mar 21, 2024
Hi, i have a old LG home theater 5.1 (i use it only cause it has great 300Watt speakers + subwoofer, i don't use the DVD reader anymore cause it haven't HDMI and 1080p support),
i always connected it to the TV with Jack 3.5 cable, but recently i bought a new TV 4K but this TV has a rare audio connector (Optical digital audio out) but it isn't U shaped, check the photo

yqJ7QsB.jpeg

how can i connect this to a jack 3.5?
maybe is there a cable HDMI to Jack?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i have a old LG home theater 5.1 (i use it only cause it has great 300Watt speakers + subwoofer, i don't use the DVD reader anymore cause it haven't HDMI and 1080p support),
i always connected it to the TV with Jack 3.5 cable, but recently i bought a new TV 4K but this TV has a rare audio connector (Optical digital audio out) but it isn't U shaped, check the photo

yqJ7QsB.jpeg

how can i connect this shit to a jack 3.5?
Optical Digital has been around for a long time, and you will find on most tv's from the last 10 years.

I would prob go HDMI Arc as you can then control the Sound system volume using the TV remote.

Mar 21, 2024
Optical Digital has been around for a long time, and you will find on most tv's from the last 10 years.

I would prob go HDMI Arc as you can then control the Sound system volume using the TV remote.
but the home theater haven't a HDMI connector, i must find something to connect with jack

Mar 21, 2024
It looks like the toslink port allows the cable to be installed with any rotation. Since the signal is in the center it doesn't matter what rotation the cable has.
the U shaped SPDIF can't be connected, this is squared, this is strange cause i saw other posts about these connectors used by LG recently

Last edited:

yqJ7QsB.jpeg

how can i connect this to a jack 3.5?
There are all sorts of converters from HDMI to jack; you could look on Amazon or some other retailer that's accessible to you. They look like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Optical-Tosl...9&sprefix=hdmi+to+3.5mm+audio+,aps,144&sr=8-3

Reactions: stonecarver
Mar 21, 2024
ok i tried it, but it doesn't work, i don't understand why LG put toslink instead jack that is much more common,
is there a HDMI to jack cable?