[SOLVED] How long can I play on 75 GPU temp. ?

Solution
That is a reasonable temperature to help prevent silicon degradation through electron migration.

All video cards though have a finite life span. Not only can the GPU chip itself fail, but other components like capacitors, and power supply components as well. These do have finite life spans even with moderate operating conditions. This is one key reason NEVER to buy a used mining card. You'll be lucky to get 2 good years out of it.
80C is still a normal temperature, and above that is when you should start to be concerned, but depending on the GPU, it may still be fine/barely acceptable up to 90C. Ideally no GPU should run above 90C at any point. Point being, your temps are normal, and you should have no concerns as long as that temperature is sustained, and doesn't continue to climb to dangerous levels while gaming for long periods.

Reactions: 40lvlReq
That is a reasonable temperature to help prevent silicon degradation through electron migration.

All video cards though have a finite life span. Not only can the GPU chip itself fail, but other components like capacitors, and power supply components as well. These do have finite life spans even with moderate operating conditions. This is one key reason NEVER to buy a used mining card. You'll be lucky to get 2 good years out of it.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 28, 2021
yeah forever but if i was you i'd look into undervolting. 99% of the times you can decrease temps by doing so and still have the same performances. Since it's a quick and simple fix that leads to better temps, why not?
Thank you. What should I reduce in MSI After burner to undervolt without affecting the performance and to decrease the temps ?

Thank you. What should I reduce in MSI After burner to undervolt without affecting the performance and to decrease the temps ?
You have it run the OC scanner and use the voltage-frequency graph to cap it at the highest voltage you're willing to go with, which means capping the maximum frequency. Alternatively you can set a power limit.

Video cards are tuned using a voltage-frequency curve, which means for a given voltage, what is the clock speed it should run at. This is probably because video cards have to run at a wide range of frequencies.

I do not think you have a problem that needs fixing.
80c. is a normal operating temperature for graphics cards.
The card will increase performance until it reaches 80c, and that is when the cooling fans start to spin up.
There are app that let you adjust the fan curves for a card.
Increasing fan speeds will improve cooling at the expense of noise.

Check your case cooling capability.
Sufficient front intake airflow is the key to good cooling.

Take the case side cover off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps much, look to case cooling solutions.

Reactions: 40lvlReq
Apr 28, 2021
I do not think you have a problem that needs fixing.
80c. is a normal operating temperature for graphics cards.
The card will increase performance until it reaches 80c, and that is when the cooling fans start to spin up.
There are app that let you adjust the fan curves for a card.
Increasing fan speeds will improve cooling at the expense of noise.

Check your case cooling capability.
Sufficient front intake airflow is the key to good cooling.

Take the case side cover off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps much, look to case cooling solutions.
Thanks I just want to avoid black screen thing