Question How long from GPU product launch to prebuilt availability?

Aug 28, 2020
I'm in the market for a prebuilt and am willing to pay a premium for performance, but I also don't want to wait forever (that MSFS 2020 is looking mighty sweet), and I don't want to buy now and fool with trying to re-sell components a few months later to make room for an upgrade.

I see the new Nvidia GPUs being announced next Tuesday, and am wondering how long from that announcement will I have to wait to get my hands on a prebuilt with that new hardware? Do prebuilt vendors typically do pre-orders on or about launch day? Do they typically offer prebuilts with the new hardware within about a month of launch? Or is this a 6 month or longer waiting game? Thank you for any insight!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm in the market for a prebuilt and am willing to pay a premium for performance, but I also don't want to wait forever (that MSFS 2020 is looking mighty sweet), and I don't want to buy now and fool with trying to re-sell components a few months later to make room for an upgrade.

I see the new Nvidia GPUs being announced next Tuesday, and am wondering how long from that announcement will I have to wait to get my hands on a prebuilt with that new hardware? Do prebuilt vendors typically do pre-orders on or about launch day? Do they typically offer prebuilts with the new hardware within about a month of launch? Or is this a 6 month or longer waiting game? Thank you for any insight!

There's no hard-and-fast rule about this, it will very from system integrator to system integrator and product to product.

Reactions: cygnusecks