[SOLVED] how long will a gtx 1080 and an i7-7700k last me?

Sep 4, 2018
I have a gtx 1080 and i7-7700k and 16gb of ram and would like to know how long that would last me playing in 2560x1080 i know it's hard to say but i would like to have some input from people so i can get some sort of an idea of how long

Solution
It will last until it dies. It will play games until it dies. However, without a graphics card update 3 years is about the most you can expect this configuration to play all the new games at reasonable graphics settings. Your CPU will be plenty for gaming on new titles for a little longer than that, another 4-5 years is about what I'd expect.

Sebastien32

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016
1-3 years????? it should last longer than that I've used to have a fx 8320 and that lasted me like 4 years but when I got it its was like 3 years after its launch. And my card was like r7 260x 6 years old. I could run all the games league of legends,pubg(was crappy of course love devs),overwatch,GTA 5,rise of the tomb raider,deux ex ect ect. Was on medium mostly with a few settings on high. had an r7 260x then went to r9 280 from a friend for cheap cause i needed a quick replacement at the time(r7 stopped working). And even by today's standards 1080 is a pretty solid card. That rig will last you well over 3 years but in order for it to you simply will have to adjust your settings and get really high frames. And with the game settings are going minimum gpu is like 2-3vram minimum, cpu are still way back stuck in like 2013ish. And plus if anything you can just overclock and when you do that warranty will have already expired.

It will last until it dies. It will play games until it dies. However, without a graphics card update 3 years is about the most you can expect this configuration to play all the new games at reasonable graphics settings. Your CPU will be plenty for gaming on new titles for a little longer than that, another 4-5 years is about what I'd expect.

Solution

Sebastien32

Reputable
Oct 16, 2016

tbh the wording is misleading 3 years is the most you can do at reasonable graphics(it will last until it dies is true though).....but if it doesn't die then that card can last em plenty for like a solid 2-3 years ultra is viable after that high for like another 5+ yrs. Not saying his computer is life proof eventually it will be out of date but if you are willing to lower your settings as the years go on can last you 4+ yrs. And the drivers will likely still be updated over the years so that shouldn't even be a problem.

TRENDING THREADS