How many of you own P4's?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I own 2 P4's at home now. they are great machines and own anything you girls have now. I will check out that mymachine at anandtech later. show you girls up.
I have more Mhz than anyone here with AMD, by a few hundred Mhz too =) that includes THG and anyting he can build.
And I do not need no stinken vapochill, cryo, or any other exotic cooling. just a stock HSF.

I would say what im runing but you lemmings are too hot and bothered atm, I do not want to hear your whiney crap about me being a liar and stuff.

dhlucke

Polypheme
For those about to chime in like the lemmings they are: FUCKOFF im not gonna reply to "compatability list" so deal with it. too many to list and im not gonna jump thru hoops for your lame ass.

<b>Fine! Then you've just sealed your fate as a stupid troll. We have no more use for you here spewing nothing but bullshit. If you can't back it up then shutup. You never backup any of your claims.</b>

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

FatBurger

Illustrious
But it's true. I've never seen you, bowser, AMDMeltdown, or any other Intel troll post any technical proof of superiority for Intel. You can post benchmarks til the cows come home, but everyone knows not all benchmarks are perfect (especially seeing that you're the one blaming Tom for doing biased benchmarks). I'm talking about proof of the features of the processor.

You brought up SSE2, that's a good start. SSE2 has not had a chance to prove what it can, or can't do in real-world applications. It looks promising, but it's a small step in the grand scheme of processor evolution. Itanium vs. Sledgehammer is a much bigger step.

So go ahead, email me with a side-by-side technical comparison of the P4 and the Tbird (or whatever else you want to compare). I promise I'll read the whole thing (carefully). If you do it from an unbiased point of view, I'll even read it more than once.
<A HREF="mailto:fatburger@iname.com">fatburger@iname.com</A>

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Personally? No. I just don't think you should post on this board as if your [-peep-] don't stink when you can't back up anything you say. You're the type of guy who can sell a bridge to a retard, but you can't hold your own here.

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
For those about to chime in like the lemmings they are: FUCKOFF im not gonna reply to "compatability list" so deal with it. too many to list and im not gonna jump thru hoops for your lame ass.
The more there are, the easier it is to list ten. I mean, jesus, just pick the top ten on the list, or the first ten that come to mind. It's that easy. I could probably walk you through the process in ten or so different editors, if you need help. If you still get a headache from that, maybe I'll be nice enough to send you a ScriptIt response file, so you won't have to learn how to click with the mouse.

Until you back up anything you say, you won't have the respect of anyone on this forum but the other Intel idiots.

One would think a veteran technician would have a little common sense...

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

LOL! ya i'm gonna spend an extra 300 dollars for SSE2 which no application uses anyway...

let me see you build a p4 system under a grand!?!?!?!? the p4 itself is 500 bucks.. RDRAM is another 300 lol.. u got 200 bucks to spare buddy! i'm sorry my mistake you got 100 bucks lol

ABIT TH7R Motherboard Specs BUNDLE W/ RETAILED (INTEL PENTIUM 4 1.7GHZ; MWAVE 256MB NON-ECC RIMM X 2; ASSEMBLE/TEST BUNDLE) $906.50 $906.50

Sub Total $906.50

ya!? ya!? uh-huh! build that system under a grand! it's probably a p4 1.3ghz which is the same as buying a pentium 3 1000 or an athlon 900! which would be a lot cheaper! in fact half as cheap! oh i got 512MB of ram too!

ABIT KT7A-RAID Motherboard Specs BUNDLE W/ COOLING FAN & (AMD T-BIRD 1400(266MHZ); KINGSTON 64X64 512MB PC133; ASSEMBLE/TEST BUNDLE) $482.00 $482.00

Sub Total $482.00

www.mwave.com -> search for "Abit bundles"

just so i don't seem biased here is a pentium 3 1000mhz

ABIT SA6 Motherboard Specs BUNDLE W/ RETAILED (INTEL PENTIUM III 1000EB(133MHZ); MWAVE 64X64 512MB PC133; ASSEMBLE/TEST BUNDLE) $400.00 $400.00

Sub Total $400.00

lol now why would you buy the pentium 4 again!?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xxsk8er101xx on 07/05/01 03:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
stop the BS, if you buy at mwave you'll get ripped off either way.

on pricewatch.com you can get a P4 1.7 just like the one you listed for around $550

the same with the Athlon system on pricewatch.com it's cheaper than with mwave.com

I've seen P4's at shows selling for $700 thats incl the harddrive, video and everthing.

so if you go to mwave.com you're a dope to begin with and please don't try to fool the ppl into thinking a P4 system is outrageously priced!

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

you're an idiot! show me your proof! your just spewing crap! you show nothing to back you up!?!?!? the mwave bundle included the motherboard, cpu and ram and heatsink/ fan! it was all from the same brand name and all from the same place punk! why is the p4 system 400 bucks nmore then a 1.4ghz AMD system from the same [-peep-] place! god you're a moron! same with the pentium 3 1000!!!! it was 500 bucks cheaper! you're just a fool to think the p4 is the greatest thing! it's a piece of silicon crap!

btw i got my ATI all in wonder radeon for $256 including shipping at mwave where everywhere else it was 300 bucks not including shipping and or sales tax where applicable! SUCKER! oh did i mention you can get a sound blaster live platinum 5.1 for 137 dollars at mwave?

show me your proof! what you got punk! you got nothing you showed me nothing! was it 500 bucks for just the chip!? did you see the bundle was equipped with 256 mb of RDRAM!? i would go 512 but they didn't offer probably because rdram is so dam expensive no one would buy it!

PUNK!!! you got nothing! you are nothing! you're just a fool!

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What a 1.3? that's not going to be a 1.7.

Jeff
Tom's Hardware the march to the top 100 teams! <A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_type_4.html" target="_new"> Ranked 179 </A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
mpjesse:

Sorry, forgot you started the thread. I thought you were chiming in to say you have a P4.

------------------------------
My Athlon can beat your Ferrari off the line.

G

bowser, fugger, and meltdown give intel a worse name then the p4 does.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LMAO, Lemming alert!

www.pricewatch.com

SSE2 apps are available now, and lots of them. take a min to visit www.intel.com and read the list.

Face it SSE2 is coming fast and AMD does not have similar product to compete yet. no competition for P4 =)

The hammer is still vapor-ware, HTF can you losers claim anything about hammer when its not real? stop living in fantasy land and wake up.

www.simics.com

ROFL@ what you paid for Radeon, sucker born every minute =)

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Funny, according to Ace's Hardware and Anandtech, the Athlon competes quite nicely with the P4--even in SSE2 optimized apps. There goes your "no competition for P4" theory...

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Funny Fugger, if you new anything about CPU's you'd know that MHZ does not = performance. Just because your supposed P4 runs at I'm assuming 1.7 or 1.8 ghz, doesn't mean your any faster than my 1.3 Athlon.

Components make the PC, not the CPU.

These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary.

macodi

Distinguished
May 24, 2001
This is like 2 mechanics arguing over Ford and Chevy. Just pick one and play. They both blow the socks off what we had 2 yrs ago. I will admit you'd have to be on drugs to think that an Intel 1.4 ghz could stand up to a AMD 1.4 ghz with both at about $165 at pricewatch.com.

--------------------------------------------------
You might find it a couple of bucks cheaper, but nobody can beat 150 lbs for $6.95 at www.tcwo.com

G

*sigh*

>www.pricewatch.com
Atlhon 1.4 = $164
P4 1.7 = $323 (for $157 you get a P4 1.3)

256 Mb DDR PC2100 = $44
256 MB RDRAM = $110 (2x55, since you have to install them in pairs)

That makes $208 for the AMD and $433 for the P4. Twice the price for generally equal performance. The Athlon performs on par with the P4. SOmetimes better, sometimes worse, but there is never a big difference.

>Face it SSE2 is coming fast and AMD does not have similar
>product to compete yet.

No, it has a better product. A cpu with a decent FPU that doesnt need optimized code.

>no competition for P4 =)

Regardless of the fact this statement is nonsense.. how could any sensible person (customer) be happy with a lack of competition ??? You like paying premium prices ? Maybe we should abolish this free market idea, and vote communism again.. We'd have 50 Mhz computers by now.

---- Owner of the only Dell computer with a AMD chip