[SOLVED] How much difference between my new ram and old ram. (+ another question down below)

sapins23

Reputable
Feb 11, 2018
1. So currently i got 8GB ram with 2133mhz clock speed and a CL of 15. I will be upgrading to 16GB 2400mhz and CL 14 next week. So my question is, will there be any noticeable difference in my performance from 8GB 2133mhz CL 15 to 16GB 2400mhz CL 14???

2. The ram i want to buy is Corsair Vengeance LPX. The part number for the specific ram is CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R, but when i looked at the QVL list for my specific motherboard, it didnt show up there. (i got an Asus prime B250m-k) If the ram isnt on the QVL list, will it still work for my pc??

Solution
1 the 2400 is a bit faster unless you measure (benchmarks)your unlikely to notice in daily use. double the capacity notwithstanding. if you are replacing a single stick with a matched pair you can run dual channel memory (if motherboard supports it) for a nice boost in bandwidth.

2 the QVL is just what the maker had to test with, its a broad testing of many available makes and capacities to ensure broad compatibility. IT IS NOT a list of the ONLY modules that will work. IT IS a list of units that HAVE been pre-tested, which is very handy when boards are new and BIOS revisions are low.

caps for emphasis only.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
1 the 2400 is a bit faster unless you measure (benchmarks)your unlikely to notice in daily use. double the capacity notwithstanding. if you are replacing a single stick with a matched pair you can run dual channel memory (if motherboard supports it) for a nice boost in bandwidth.

2 the QVL is just what the maker had to test with, its a broad testing of many available makes and capacities to ensure broad compatibility. IT IS NOT a list of the ONLY modules that will work. IT IS a list of units that HAVE been pre-tested, which is very handy when boards are new and BIOS revisions are low.

caps for emphasis only.

Solution