[SOLVED] How much do gpu clock speeds matter?

Oct 7, 2019
Hi there. So i'm looking at buying the 2060 super. I was wondering how much clock speeds matter? So I was looking at the EVGA RTX 2060 super SC 1680mhz for 761 NZD. Also was looking at the Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 super OC 1815mhz for 790 NZD. Is it worth it for the more expensive card? Thanks.

Solution
Dont but Gigabyte that the cheap model with 0 RGB.

Reason to buy EVGA
  1. Cheaper
  2. Have led light
  3. World's best warranty (EVGA known as No.1 warranty service)
  4. You can overclock ur EVGA to 1815mhz very easy
  5. Later on when you sell off noone will want to buy gigabyte one
Where exactly did you learn your stuff. Thats your personal preference, doesn't mean the hardware world is driven by that logic.
First, RGB has zero effect in performance and practically is a waste of money as they produce more heat and draw more power. Second, Gigabyte makes as good cards as EVGA and they are universally equally resaleable. I have been using both EVGA and Gigabyte cards for years now in my builds and they are both equally good.

somsakjame

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017

Reason to buy EVGA
  1. Cheaper
  2. Have led light

Reason to buy EVGA
  1. Cheaper
  2. Have led light
Where exactly did you learn your stuff. Thats your personal preference, doesn't mean the hardware world is driven by that logic.
First, RGB has zero effect in performance and practically is a waste of money as they produce more heat and draw more power. Second, Gigabyte makes as good cards as EVGA and they are universally equally resaleable. I have been using both EVGA and Gigabyte cards for years now in my builds and they are both equally good.

Solution

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
you can think that clock speed and performance works in a linear fashion. more clock speed = better performance. but here's the catch, you can buy a cheap model, then OC it yourself to reach the same performance as the expensive models. Only buy expensive models if you like the RGB bling and the model. that's it.

Reactions: Skudd