[SOLVED] how much is this pc worth

judefenson

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
I am selling my pc on the Facebook market place and I don't know how much its worth if I'm being honest.
the specs are
Intel i5-7400 quad core cpu 3.40 ghz
8gb ram
64-bit windows 10 operating system
geforce gtx 1050ti graphics card
gigabyte h110m-s2h-cf motherboard
1tb hard drive
pentium p4 power supply.
I'm trying to sell it quickly as I'm trying to buy a car. someone has offered me 350 pounds, do you think this is a fair price for a quick sale?

Both reasons, it's used and new and better hardware is now available. The i5-7400 is a quad-core now on par with and actually slightly slower than the i3-8100.

Yes it is a fair price for a quick sell and I agree with Id up there. Pentium 4? Something that powered a PC from about 20 years ago is a HUGE red flag. We don't like generic descriptions because they are usually misleading and useless. The PSU has a make and/or a model number.

What the seller paid really doesn't matter. Did you purchase this new?

A PC depreciates faster than a vehicle and the newest AAA game's needs increase even faster.

bignastyid

Titan

The PSU is a crucially important part of the system, and a very bad place to skimp on quality, it's the 1 component that can fry all the others.

Yes it is. A low end PC can fail or it can fail catastrophically. There are protections and components in place that prevent the PSU from delivering dirty power. It's sorta like an insurance policy but not a reason to not use a surge protector. We can see it's a bargain basement budget build but I think the value is there. Pounds? Uhhhhhh well maybe £300. Someone who knows what they're buying might still talk about the motherboard which doesn't have good cooling at all. RAM brand name and speed? 1 module or 2? HDD make and model? 5400RPM generic? 7200? WD blue or black? Seagate.

Just be honest with the buyer.

judefenson

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Ok I don't think the pc is a risk from electrical surges because I don't think we get those in England. I know that the pc runs perfect and he is willing to pay 350 for it. The last thing I want is this guy moaning because he didn't get what he expected but I know that if this guy is just looking for an entry level pc without breaking the bank he is getting a good deal. I have never had any problems running any games apart from ark survival evolved, and I've played games like arma 3 and battlefield v.

That's good to hear:D That you're selling it and can be one step closer to your car and not that your conscience has an owie.