[SOLVED] How much is this used Microsoft Surface Book 2 still worth?

Oct 4, 2019
Hello! I found this Microsoft Surface Book 2 on the Facebook Marketplace. According to the Seller it was bought in 2017 december on Amazon for 2300, and after seeing the Pictures, it seems like there is only a small part where the metal is bent, probably due to a drop landing on the edge. (https://prnt.sc/pf8fq7)
Otherwise the Seller said that it was barely used and the rest is in perfect condition.
The specs are as following :
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-8650U (8th Gen)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2GB
256GB SSD, 8GB Ram
Model 1832,1835

The Seller has put a price of 1,199 Euros.
Or maybe its better/ more worth to wait for the new Surface Line?

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the Reply! I'd like that form factor because i'd like to code on it whilst also being able to take my notes during classes on it. The seller would sell it for 1000 and also include the Pen & Microsoft Surface Mouse. I am not 100% sure if I should get it though.

No one is ever 100% sure they should get most things that cost more than $5, people spend 10 minutes picking out what type of hamburger you want, never mind a $1,000 computer LOL You can look around for other surface models for sale, but for almost half off new, a 2 year old surface with no issues is a decent price. I would not spend that much on a used system myself to write on a screen, but if that is what you want, you don't have much options with a...
List price for that model was $2,000 US when it was new, it is at 1,700 new in US now.

If you need that form factor, 1000 would be OK compared to new pricing. If you want a system with the same specs, you are better off with a new laptop, but you just won't have the surface book form factor.

Oct 4, 2019
List price for that model was $2,000 US when it was new, it is at 1,700 new in US now.

If you need that form factor, 1000 would be OK compared to new pricing. If you want a system with the same specs, you are better off with a new laptop, but you just won't have the surface book form factor.

Thanks for the Reply! I'd like that form factor because i'd like to code on it whilst also being able to take my notes during classes on it. The seller would sell it for 1000 and also include the Pen & Microsoft Surface Mouse. I am not 100% sure if I should get it though.

No one is ever 100% sure they should get most things that cost more than $5, people spend 10 minutes picking out what type of hamburger you want, never mind a $1,000 computer LOL You can look around for other surface models for sale, but for almost half off new, a 2 year old surface with no issues is a decent price. I would not spend that much on a used system myself to write on a screen, but if that is what you want, you don't have much options with a tablet form PC with a good video card.

Reactions: GillesCh
Solution