How much should I raise the FSB?

Jan 9, 2018
Hello! I have a locked CPU (i5 4460S) and I would like to overclock it. Since it is locked the only way to oc is to raise the FSB, but how much? I know that every PC is different but in most cases how much can it be raised before the PC becomes unstable? Thanks!

Solution
It differs. Some go up to 107 for 100mhz bus speed and some will crash with just 102. It's trial and error thing, Prime95 for 6 hours will stress it good. Overclocking the FSB will overclock other components too so it's kind of shock for your rig. It doesn't really worth it to trade-off stability for almost zero performance gain, but you can give it a try. Just raise it by very small increments.
It differs. Some go up to 107 for 100mhz bus speed and some will crash with just 102. It's trial and error thing, Prime95 for 6 hours will stress it good. Overclocking the FSB will overclock other components too so it's kind of shock for your rig. It doesn't really worth it to trade-off stability for almost zero performance gain, but you can give it a try. Just raise it by very small increments.

Solution