How the heck am I supposed to upgrade my BIOS/Motherboard

luciferlachance

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I can't seem to find my BIOS number anywhere!! I don't know how to freaking do this crap. I looked into my system at startup and all I can find is the UUID, BIOS Revision Level, Block Revision Level, and Date. I've tried going to the Intel site to do an automatic search for my BIOS type and to see if I need an update, but every single page that involves a download is down for me with an Error 500. EVERY SITE.
I'm trying to switch my processor from an Intel Penitum CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz to an Intel CORE i5-3470 LGA1155.
I tried to switch it but my pc wouldn't turn on, the fans kept making an attempt to spin but would immediately stop, then spin, then stop, on and on until I unplugged the pc. That's when I was told to update my BIOS/Motherboard, but I can't even find the dang information for it. It's getting frustrating working with Intel's site. Even CPU-Z can't tell me my motherboard. Help!!

OK. Google says that board is in Lenovo prebuilts. If there's a BIOS update, it needs to come from them. Intel only supplies the updates for Intel-branded boards.

What model is the PC?

Lenovo isn't always good at BIOS updates, so it's possible that you won't be able to use the Ivy chip. You might need to either get a new board (which might invalidate windows), or get a Sandy Bridge i5.