How to access to non-synced one-drive files on non-accessible windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2023
I have windows 8.1 running on MacBook Pro laptop. The problem is that when I boot into windows, the screen is stuck on welcome page and does not go to the next page where I can enter my pin code. I tried every thing to solve this problem but nothing worked. Now I need to transfer all my files in the Windows system to external hard drive including one-drive files. Some files on my one-drive storage have not been synced for unknown reasons, so they do not show up on my Microsoft account. Are these files still accessible? If so, how can I access them and all other files in the Windows system ?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
One drive should be linked to your MS account. I don't use it, it is the first thing I uninstall on a new PC, but with that said those files should be somewhere online for you to access via that sign in...

I cannot verify this works but it was the top result in a search:

Oct 12, 2023
Dear sir,

I think you misunderstood my post, it might also be my fault that you have understood my question in that way because I did not mention other details, so let me clarify them. I still remember my Microsoft account credentials and my pin code, so I do not need to bypass it if I could get my laptop to show the page that ask for entering such information. As I said the Windows system I have is running on MacBook Pro and MacOs system works fine, I can log into it. Unfortunately, all the solutions I found online are for PC and do not work for Windows installed on MacBook Pro, those solutions do not necessarily involve bypassing password and pin code. So it would be great if some one could suggest a way to solve the problem of Windows being stuck on the welcome screen.

When I asked about whether non-synced files are still accessible or not I meant if they could be found on the hard drive of my laptop if I needed to access it from other laptop. So I imagined that there could be a solution by connecting my laptop to another one and I could use my Microsoft account log information and pin code to access it from the other laptop, because I am afraid that those non-synced one-drive files could be lost since they do not show up on my Microsoft account.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
and do not work for Windows installed on MacBook Pro
Well yeah, MacBook Pro isn't designed to run Windows. It is designed to run MacOS. The hardware inside it is different from common PCs. And while there are workarounds for that, none are stable enough.

Also, as far as i know, Apple does not officially support Windows on their devices. So, all and any issues one faces, are to be solved by that person. (Or in other words, it's bad idea to run Win on MacBook.)

I meant if they could be found on the hard drive of my laptop if I needed to access it from other laptop.
Thing is, you just can't hook another laptop to your MacBook Pro and bypass all Windows security features to get access to the data it contains. And i'm not allowed to tell if there is any data to be found in the first place.

So it would be great if some one could suggest a way to solve the problem of Windows being stuck on the welcome screen.
Sounds like corrupted Windows. Most likely due to the incompatibility with MacBook Pro hardware. This is the price one pays by using incompatible OS with MacBook Pro.

My advice: format the OS drive and install MacOS back. If you need Windows laptop, buy Intel/AMD laptop, and not Apple product.
Take all of it as life's tax.

As I said the Windows system I have is running on MacBook Pro and MacOs system works fine, I can log into it. Unfortunately, all the solutions I found online are for PC and do not work for Windows installed on MacBook Pro
Boot into macOS and access windows partition.
MacOS doesn't have native support for NTFS. You'll need to add NTFS support.

Reactions: lone_walker
Oct 12, 2023
Well yeah, MacBook Pro isn't designed to run Windows. It is designed to run MacOS. The hardware inside it is different from common PCs. And while there are workarounds for that, none are stable enough.

Also, as far as i know, Apple does not officially support Windows on their devices. So, all and any issues one faces, are to be solved by that person. (Or in other words, it's bad idea to run Win on MacBook.)
I think you are totally misinformed, MacBook Pro's products before 2019 are compatible with Windows sytems, even Apple had a list of Windows systems that work with their MacBook Pro laptops since 2011 version and onward. So I believe it is not a bad idea to install Windows on MacBook Pro since Apple itself have recommended certain Windows systems for anyone who wants to install it on their MacBook Pro products.
Thing is, you just can't hook another laptop to your MacBook Pro and bypass all Windows security features to get access to the data it contains. And i'm not allowed to tell if there is any data to be found in the first place.
I said it once and I will say it again, I am not asking for a way to bypass the windows security, I don't need it since I remember my Microsoft account credentials, all I need is a way to log into my windows system using my personnel information, possibly from MacOs or from another device if I needed it.
Sounds like corrupted Windows. Most likely due to the incompatibility with MacBook Pro hardware. This is the price one pays by using incompatible OS with MacBook Pro.

You're wrong again, my windows system is totally legal, I use enterprise version of windows 8.1. It is from My university which provides Microsoft products to teachers and PhD students as well. It is also perfectly compatible with My MacBook Pro according to the list I referred to earlier.

Last edited:
Can't you share files from one OS to the other. You may not be able to read or run them but access them to save them. When your on Mac OS your windows is nothing more than a folder more or less.

Been a long time since I have played with Mac OS so not sure. I know you can with Windows to Windows on a duel boot system.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Can't you share files from one OS to the other. You may not be able to read or run them but access them to save them. When your on Mac OS your windows is nothing more than a folder more or less.

Been a long time since I have played with Mac OS so not sure. I know you can with Windows to Windows on a duel boot system.

Access permission/rights are often the issue when trying read a Windows OS drive that isn't 'logged on' as it were.

Reactions: stonecarver

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You're wrong again, my windows system is totally legal
Do look up what software corruption means. It is completely different from the legality of software.

If the OS itself is corrupted (broken), it fails to properly operate, often leaving users stuck at the initial loading screen, without being able to "log-in" to windows. And here it doesn't matter at all if your OS is legal or pirated. They all can get corrupted, seizing normal operation.

Or in similar example; if you get a flat tire then it doesn't matter if tire is high-end Goodyear or cheap Westlake. Flat tire is broken tire and you can't drive your car.

When windows loads it's just like a house, The front door with key is BIOS to desktop. If that chain is stuck the door won't open AKA windows won't load.

Is everything in the house bad no just the door won't open so fine break the window gain access to your house AKA stuff. Not a big deal. All the OP wanted was a solution to get to his stuff.

To OP you mentioned that you can hook up drive with external cady this will work. As far as your One drive stuff IDK I don't use one drive.

The only thing I think anyone could fault OP is he didn't have his stuff backed up.

Reactions: lone_walker
Status
Not open for further replies.