Question How to add hdd(ssd) Honor Magicbook Pro (hlyl-wxx9)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you look at the bottom right hand corner, that's where a 2.5" drive will go but you don't seem to have the bracket/caddy that will retain the 2.5" drive in place, nor the ribbon cable to tether the drive to the motherboard.

Do you see a ribbon cable that looks like this;
on the side that's closer to the battery, where the 2.5" drive should go?

Nov 14, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you look at the bottom right hand corner, that's where a 2.5" drive will go but you don't seem to have the bracket/caddy that will retain the 2.5" drive in place, nor the ribbon cable to tether the drive to the motherboard.

Do you see a ribbon cable that looks like this;
on the side that's closer to the battery, where the 2.5" drive should go?
First of all, thank you for your reply. But I couldn't find a place in the bottom corner. I'll take the cable you sent. But I don't know where to plug it in. Could you please circle it with an image editing tool and send it?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How do I circle a part of the laptop's motherboard when it's all covered up with tape? You might want to take multiple photos of the right hand corner where the 2.5" drive is supposed to go, before you go and start buying more things that might come of use.

Nov 14, 2023
How do I circle a part of the laptop's motherboard when it's all covered up with tape? You might want to take multiple photos of the right hand corner where the 2.5" drive is supposed to go, before you go and start buying more things that might come of use.
I have a protective case and a 2.5 hdd. I have a place to fix them. But there's no place to plug in that cable you sent me.

I've looked in all the taped places. There's not an empty slot. Logically, it should be close to the hdd and it should be exposed. But there's no such place.