[SOLVED] How to Allow one User to Change their Wallpaper?

chuckles2666

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2013
I have wallpaper setup in Active Directory in Windows Server 2012 r2, and I'm trying to give a single user the ability to change their own wallpaper. The user computer uses Windows 10 Pro edition, and I've already tried Googling the answer with no luck. I have a GPO set to have all of the wallpapers the same.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Sounds like you would need to create two groups.
  1. Wallpaper Locked
  2. Wallpaper Unlocked

The single user is the only user in the Wallpaper Unlocked group. The policy is only applied to the Wallpaper Locked group (containing all other users). Of course, if I were a domain admin in charge of group policies, I'd tell this one user that his/her personal desires creates twice the amount of work and may induce various security loopholes that violate the business security protocol and that s/he cannot have their own policy unless they
A) bring on another IT Person to handle his/her own policies
B) Increase your pay rate.

... but that's just me.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sounds like you would need to create two groups.
  1. Wallpaper Locked
  2. Wallpaper Unlocked

The single user is the only user in the Wallpaper Unlocked group. The policy is only applied to the Wallpaper Locked group (containing all other users). Of course, if I were a domain admin in charge of group policies, I'd tell this one user that his/her personal desires creates twice the amount of work and may induce various security loopholes that violate the business security protocol and that s/he cannot have their own policy unless they
A) bring on another IT Person to handle his/her own policies
B) Increase your pay rate.

... but that's just me.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: USAFRet
Solution