Question How to change contrast of an external monitor ?

Dec 9, 2021
Long story short, I am playing some games through my remote PC, and I need to change the game's contrast. Unfortunately, there are no options available in the game, so I can't do anything on that sight. I have found a software called "Dimmer", but it only allows you to adjust brightness. Is there a way to get the same effect instead of brightness as I require contrast? I have tried monitor colour changing programs (Nvidia control panel, etc.), but they only affect the local display on the other side.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 9, 2021
To find the brightness slider in earlier versions of Windows 10, select Settings > System > Display, and then move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.
I would require contrast instead of brightness. Dimmer does solve brightness issue but not contrast.

Dec 9, 2021
Have you tried using the buttons on the actual monitor? One of the buttons should bring bring up an OSD menu for adjusting contrast, brightness, colour temp etc.
Guest PC/laptop doesn't have that option. It's only brightness what it offers, whereas I require contrast. I can only think of finding someone who will code a software/overlayer that will be functioning as intended. Before doing that, I was looking for a more straightforward solution; maybe there is a software out there that I am not aware of

MSI 3090 Suprim X...
...Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
why can't you use the Desktop Color Settings in Nvidia Control Panel?

o2oCQH1.jpg

does the connected device not also have an Nvidia GPU?
if AMD then use their Adrenaline software.

Dec 9, 2021
why can't you use the Desktop Color Settings in Nvidia Control Panel?

o2oCQH1.jpg

does the connected device not also have an Nvidia GPU?
if AMD then use their Adrenaline software.
On the Guest laptop, due to wireless connection color gamma is already broken. So changing it on local screen doesn’t really help. I need the host to broadcast with modified contrast settings.