Question How to change voice entering call in Windows 10

Dec 7, 2021
Hi guys,

I had a heard time trying to change the audio input of my computer. Let me explain. I want to change the voice of someone calling me without him/her needing to install any software and in real time. Something like Clownfish Voice Changer BUT for audio input.

Thanks very much!

Ralston18

Titan
Question: Is or will the caller be aware that you are going to be changing their voice?

Why not let the caller decide whether or not they want to install the software (i.e., Clownfish) themselves?

And when to use the software in real time?

Dec 7, 2021
Question: Is or will the caller be aware that you are going to be changing their voice?

Why not let the caller decide whether or not they want to install the software (i.e., Clownfish) themselves?

And when to use the software in real time?
The user will of course know that I'm changing her/his voice. The thing is that I've got so many problems trying them to install the software and ending up not working properly and stuff so I just want to change it myself so I don't need them to install anything.

Ralston18

Titan
I believe that the users should be absolutely controlling their own voice themselves.

Getting that control to actually work may be a "problem" for the time being.

However, over time you will learn more about installing Clownfish (for example) and likewise learn more about both configuring and troubleshooting Clownfish.

FYI - there seems to be quite a bit of information available regarding Clownfish.

For example:

https://yehiweb.com/how-to-use-clownfish-voice-changer/

I noted quite a number of other similar links.

Both generic and targeted to a specific application.

I am reminded of the quote "Teach a person to fish". (Coincidental pun noted.)

And I expect that your user community will be much more comfortable if they are in control of their "voice". Not you.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Dec 7, 2021
I don't think you got it right on that philosophical matter of it being right or wrong. The point is that I change it so people can't recognize them and I make them listen to this voice of them before publishing anything.

I work with the total consent of my guests and I don't joke with that 'cause the topic is quite serious.

I was thinking about another way doing it. I might just record it and then use some anonymizing voice software.

What do you think? Can you advise some?

Ralston18

Titan
Not making any right or wrong judgements.

However there is no way to really know the truth of the matter.

If your guests need to be anonymous then provide the guests with the tools and the information necessary to achieve that.

That is what I advise.