How to check the speed of my pump/res?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I feel like my pump/res (EKWB L360) doesn't often pump much. Temps on my 6700k are staying in the 30-60 degree range and the Aorus 1080ti Waterforce I just installed a few days ago never makes it above 40 degrees really, so I'm not worried about temps, but it just doesn't seem to work very hard.

Is there a way to see about the fan speed or anything that would be helpful to make sure I'm getting good flow? I find myself constantly kneeling down and checking under the lid of the res/pump to make sure the water is moving a little at the top. :)

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
If the temps are good, maybe it does not have to work so hard.

That's the whole idea behind those things, or any good cooler, be it air or liquid.
Do whatever it needs to do, to keep the temps at a good place.

If it doesn't need to work so hard...this is a GoodThing.

It doesn't need to work hard because tho its an AIO, it's a custom loop quality pump (1.0+ gpm) as opposed to the weak Asetek you get in CLC type AIOs. The H110i puts out just 0.11 gpm and you want at least 1.0 for efficient cooling. I am not familiar with the 360s fan / pump control but on a normal custom loop, the pump is controlled by the CPU header on the MoBo. Using the "Fan Control Software" You should be able to read the rpm on all headers.

For example, my two pumps right now are running at 2228 rpm, the top radiator fans are at 537 rpm and the bottom are at 0 rpm....case fans are at 360 rpm. CPU at 39C, MoBo @ 30C and thge VRMs range from 39-43C. GPU is 33C and GFX VRM at 35C ... coolant temp is 31C at hottest point in the loop.

With an AIO however, each manufacturer has come up with their own scheme of control. So I have no direct knowledge of what rpm signal is being reported back to the MoBo tho my guess is it is the pump speed

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I'll have to look more into what software I have about fan speeds then. I have CAM software that opens with launch because of my Hue+ but it just have cpu fan speed and gpu fan speed. Obviously gpu fan speed is at 0. cpu fan speed read about 1200 as I type this, but I guess I assumed that was the three fans on the front of the rad. I believe I have he fans on the rad hooked up to cpu header one and the pump/res hooked up to cpu header two on my motherboard.

I also have HWmonitor and afterburner (I don't know how that works as I installed it to get temp and fps overlays in game only).