[SOLVED] How to connect a 5.1 home theater using Dolby home theater v4 driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
I was using a 2 .1 speaker and I had installed Dolby home theater v4 driver, its performed well . Now I bought a 5 .1 surround sound speaker and could not configure 5.1 audio channel with Dolby home theater v4 driver

I just go through Control Panel > Sound > Configure > Speaker Setup - its shows just Stereo only

When I uninstall the Dolby home theater v4 driver, its shows up to 7.1 surround - Image

Is there any other way to get 5.1 audio channel with Dolby home theater v4 driver installed

Sorry for my bad English

Thanks

Solution
You see Dolby home theater is only for use with a two channel source, it is used to simulate 5.1, 7.1 with a source of 2 channels. So with a 5.1 speaker system you will have better sound with the 5.1 setting in your settings.
What audio inputs are there on your new speakers setup? Generally, there are two options:
  • three analogue inputs -> your computer must have these
  • digital input (optical/coax, HDMI/DPI) -> you must use this connection (eg, HDMI from your GPU).
You will not get surround sound if you connect only single analog (3.5mm) input.

Oct 1, 2020
What audio inputs are there on your new speakers setup? Generally, there are two options:
  • three analogue inputs -> your computer must have these
  • digital input (optical/coax, HDMI/DPI) -> you must use this connection (eg, HDMI from your GPU).
You will not get surround sound if you connect only single analog (3.5mm) input.

Hi,
My home theatre connected with 3 analogue inputs (3.5mm)

Is there any way to setup 5.1 through Dolby home theatre v4 driver or the driver provide just 2.1 only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts