[SOLVED] How to connect ARGB controller in the H500M

frogpuppy

Commendable
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,
I'm about to build my first pc and before I buy the parts I want to make sure that I have a full idea about installing every part.

Right now, I'm reviewing the manuals for the case (CoolerMaster H500M) and the motherboard (Asus x570 TUF Gaming WiFi).
I have a question about the ARGB controller installation in the back of the case.

The question is, how can I power up the controller and make sure that I can control the lighting through the button in the front of the case?
Should I connect the controller to the USB2.0 connector in the motherboard? just like it is showing the 14.2 and that's it?

156930216810621.png

And about the front and rear fans, should they be connected to this controller through the ARGB connector?
The controller has 2 ARGB connector and it will come with a one (1 to 2) splitter I guess. Should I connect the two front fans to the splitter and the rear fan to the argb connect directly?

Solution
The board doesn't have an ARGB header. It does however have a +12vRGB header. You're going to have to use the USB connector to connect that controller board to the motherboard + if you follow the steps on page 15, of your case manual,you connect the fans to the controller.

frogpuppy

Commendable
Sep 3, 2019
The board doesn't have an ARGB header. It does however have a +12vRGB header. You're going to have to use the USB connector to connect that controller board to the motherboard + if you follow the steps on page 15, of your case manual,you connect the fans to the controller.

If I connect it through the usb, can I use the reset button to control the rgb?
Same question if I used this CM RGB controller, can I control the rgb through the button or the software?