Question how to connect two Wifi routers

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hello,
My ask is how to connect two routers without cable no from LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN, but I want to connect without cable?

Most device do not have that ability. Most devices that support this are repeaters or extenders. They need the ability to be able to act as a client...ie they look like a pc. There is a small number of routers that have this function. You need to read the docuemtnation and see if your device has any ability to act as a repeater.

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Most device do not have that ability. Most devices that support this are repeaters or extenders. They need the ability to be able to act as a client...ie they look like a pc. There is a small number of routers that have this function. You need to read the docuemtnation and see if your device has any ability to act as a repeater.

I have technicolor and tenda router, can?

Hello,
My ask is how to connect two routers without cable no from LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN, but I want to connect without cable?

This is referred to as Bridge mode. It's kind of like AP, but in reverse where you are using the wireless signals to carry the data to a LAN port on the receiving end. With an AP, you are using ethernet LAN Ports to carry the data over to the wireless transmitter.

Router WiFi -> Bridge WiFi -> Bridge LAN Ports.

Be forewarned: If you have a different brand routers, it might not work. Some bridge mode implementations are proprietary. You should always buy from the same ecosystem (Manufacturer) when possible.

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
This is referred to as Bridge mode. It's kind of like AP, but in reverse where you are using the wireless signals to carry the data to a LAN port on the receiving end. With an AP, you are using ethernet LAN Ports to carry the data over to the wireless transmitter.

Router WiFi -> Bridge WiFi -> Bridge LAN Ports.

Be forewarned: If you have a different brand routers, it might not work. Some bridge mode implementations are proprietary. You should always buy from the same ecosystem (Manufacturer) when possible.
There are 2 types of bridge mode. He needs what is called client-bridge. Normal AP/bridge mode is very common, client-bridge mode is not.

I connect with bridge mode second router with main router, but when I pull(removed) cable from Lan to Lan, don't work wifi but still bridge mode.

I connect with bridge mode second router with main router, but when I pull(removed) cable from Lan to Lan, don't work wifi but still bridge mode.
I think there is a language barrier here. We need to clarify the terms.

When you say, "When i pull(removed) cable from Lan to Lan" this part doesn't make much sense. I assume you are connecting some computer to the BRIDGE via LAN cable. Of course it's not going to work if you disconnect the LAN cable.

Bridge mode works like this

Gateway <--> Router <--> Router Wifi <--> Bridge Wifi <---> Bridge LAN <--> End client (ie: Computer)

if you want to remain wireless and increase your range, you need a wifi card on your computer and a WIFI Range Extender.

Gateway <--> Router <-->Router Wifi <--> Range Extender Wifi <--> WiFi on computer.