[SOLVED] How To Disable Taskbar Popup Preview Panes

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Firstly, I'm not referring to the way you click the far right bottom corner of the taskbar to get a 'peek'; i'm referring to the small window that pops up when hovering mouse cursor over a task in the taskbar. In Windows 7, i could go into Performance settings and uncheck the controlling box and it would be settled. In windows 10, however, Once the box is unchecked, the task preview persists. The system is broken and i'm left to put up with it, hack the registry(nightmarish workaround) or appeal to someone here who might know of a surefire way to disable the damnable thing. Help

Last edited:

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-taskbar-thumbnail-preview-windows-10

It does not have a way to permanently disable it. However you can set the delay to very long.

That would be the registry hack, thanks. It's a dismal shame that MS windows 10 has a disable feature in performance settings that does not function as it should! With all their constant updates, they really need to include fixes for the features they already have rather than the useless updates designed to further line their pockets.