[SOLVED] How To Downgrade?

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Hello. I am almost 100% sure my recent performance issues has been caused by the recent graphic driver update I updated to.
How do I downgrade to a lower version. Do I have to delete the driver using DDU?

NVIDIA driver

Solution
Thanks for the answers. Wouldn't it be much easier choosing a version and downloading it without clean install since I have a couple of nvidia settings I dont want to lose.

Here is how I do it when I don't use DDU.

• Download the new drivers (In your case older one) on the website. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us this should let you search for the older drivers after you choose which card you have.
  • Uninstalling "Nvidia Display Drivers" using Windows ADD/REMOVE programs.
  • Reboot.
  • Install the drivers without Geforce Experience.
  • Reboot.
  • Done.
This should not delete your settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.
This is wrong. The "Clean Install" does not delete EVERYTHING from the old drivers. All it does is wipe all your settings. Even if you do not click on clean install it uninstall the old drivers anyway.

If you have problems using DDU is still the best option to be sure no files are left somewhere and to install a previous drivers you just have to download it from the website in the "Old drivers" section.

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
In Device manger you can use the rollback driver feature once you open the GPU's properties.

You don't need DDU, Nvidia has a 'Clean install' option integrated into the driver installer, all you need to do is select it.
This is wrong. The "Clean Install" does not delete EVERYTHING from the old drivers. All it does is wipe all your settings. Even if you do not click on clean install it uninstall the old drivers anyway.

If you have problems using DDU is still the best option to be sure no files are left somewhere and to install a previous drivers you just have to download it from the website in the "Old drivers" section.
Thanks for the answers. Wouldn't it be much easier choosing a version and downloading it without clean install since I have a couple of nvidia settings I dont want to lose.

• Download the new drivers (In your case older one) on the website. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us this should let you search for the older drivers after you choose which card you have.
  • Reboot.
  • Reboot.
  • Done.

Solution

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019

• Download the new drivers on the website.
  • Reboot.
  • Reboot.
  • Done.
Ok. Thank you very much. I have never seem someone using the Add/Remove feature to delete a graphics driver.

Ok. Thank you very much. I have never seem someone using the Add/Remove feature to delete a graphics driver.

DDU should only be used if you have a problem. People are using it every time and it's fine too but you don't have to. Using the uninstall from windows is more than enough and this is how you should uninstall any program in the future. The only thing that it does is go find the "Uninstall.exe" from the folder. An uninstall is included in most program.

Reactions: Nonkii

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
DDU should only be used if you have a problem. People are using it every time and it's fine too but you don't have to. Using the uninstall from windows is more than enough and this is how you should uninstall any program in the future. The only thing that it does is go find the "Uninstall.exe" from the folder. An uninstall is included in most program.
That is actually the reason I am trying to downgrade. Since I updated the driver and now it gave me problems like fps drops.

That is actually the reason I am trying to downgrade. Since I updated the driver and now it gave me problems like fps drops.

Try the way I told you. Try with the latest drivers. If it doesn't work try with the previous drivers version. If it doesn't work try DDU.

DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Uninstall your Nvidia Display Drivers using Windows ADD/REMOVES programs.
  • You start DDU and choose "Reboot in safe mode".
  • In safe mode you use the recommended option after choosing Nvidia as the graphics drivers to clean inside the program to the right.
  • After the reboot just install the drivers without Geforce Experience and reboot again.
If you still have FPS problems after that let me know.

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Try the way I told you. Try with the latest drivers. If it doesn't work try with the previous drivers version. If it doesn't work try DDU.

DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
  • Uninstall your Nvidia Display Drivers using Windows ADD/REMOVES programs.
  • You start DDU and choose "Reboot in safe mode".
  • In safe mode you use the recommended option after choosing Nvidia as the graphics drivers to clean inside the program to the right.
  • After the reboot just install the drivers without Geforce Experience and reboot again.
If you still have FPS problems after that let me know.
Alrighty. Thanks. I'll try it out tommorow since I'm going to sleep right now. Have a great day 👋

TRENDING THREADS