Question How to Enable PXE Boot

Jan 6, 2022
I have AIS Industrial PC. I want to convert them to ThinClients via PXE Boot. Its BIOS is APTIO – 2019 American Megatrends .
I changed the following but I get a shell prompt instead of it trying to connect to DHCP server.
  1. Under Advanced tab -> CMS Configuration. Changed the Boot Option filter = Legacy.
  2. Advanced tab -> CMS Configuration -> Network to Legacy
  3. Network stack – Enabled, under that PXE4 and PXE6 support enabled.
  4. Under Boot -> Disabled Boot Option and Hard Drive BBS Priorities to disable.
After the save and exit and computer restart it gives “Shell>”
Shell Prompt Screen
Any suggestions how to do a network boot. I do not see the network boot option available on it.
I tried similar set up in BIOS 2013 and 2012 and they worked great.
I would really appreciate your help
Kumud

kanewolf

Titan
I have AIS Industrial PC. I want to convert them to ThinClients via PXE Boot. Its BIOS is APTIO – 2019 American Megatrends .
I changed the following but I get a shell prompt instead of it trying to connect to DHCP server.
  1. Under Advanced tab -> CMS Configuration. Changed the Boot Option filter = Legacy.
  2. Advanced tab -> CMS Configuration -> Network to Legacy
  3. Network stack – Enabled, under that PXE4 and PXE6 support enabled.
  4. Under Boot -> Disabled Boot Option and Hard Drive BBS Priorities to disable.
After the save and exit and computer restart it gives “Shell>”
Shell Prompt Screen
Any suggestions how to do a network boot. I do not see the network boot option available on it.
I tried similar set up in BIOS 2013 and 2012 and they worked great.
I would really appreciate your help
Kumud
Do you have to explicitly choose PXE under boot option ?

Jan 6, 2022
It did not give PXE under boot option, I was hoping it will give Network boot option. In some cases they give Legacy under the boot option. I selected Legacy and was hoping that it would work like other PCs but this particular one always comes do Shell Prompt.