how to expand network

jimmydfi

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I have a router connected at my house with the modem and two computers. I am running an ENH202 x2 as a bridge from the router to my office 700 feet away from the house. At the end of the bridge I either have my security cameras connected or I connect to my laptop there. My question is, what do I need in the office to have both security camera and laptop connected at the same time? Switch, hub, or another router? How would I set these up? Thanks

Solution
A 100Mbps switch. There are tons of those under $50. You simply plug everything (the ENH202, your camera and laptop) in the switch and it should work since the ENH202 is just a WiFi network bridge.

Edit: looks like the ENH202 has two ports so you should be able to simply plug your camera in the power injector's pass-through port and use the other one directly from the bridge for your laptop or vice versa, whichever happens to be more convenient.

InvalidError

Titan
A 100Mbps switch. There are tons of those under $50. You simply plug everything (the ENH202, your camera and laptop) in the switch and it should work since the ENH202 is just a WiFi network bridge.

Edit: looks like the ENH202 has two ports so you should be able to simply plug your camera in the power injector's pass-through port and use the other one directly from the bridge for your laptop or vice versa, whichever happens to be more convenient.

Solution