[SOLVED] How to find a missing file?

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I have cubase elements 10 along with windows10 pro. I have had MTPDK2 drumkit plugin for years and only one time besides this time did it act up. I from personal experience know that double downloads of this plugin causes it to load up extra extra slow. So i deleted all the files i could find or a computer file search of both my ssd drives. But there's one part that still remains and i cannot find it. Can anyone help?

Solution
A file association of some sort...

What is it that you are clicking when you try to view the drum loops: an icon, a shortcut, a filename? Do you want the loop to actually play?

Do the drum loops filenames have their own unique extension? I saw a couple of links that indicated .wav or .mid by just searching for drum loops. Does MTPDK2 use one of those extensions or a proprietary extension?

When you click a drum loop file the extension part of the filename is used by Windows to launch the applicable application software.

If the applicable application is no longer installed then some default is being applied and you see the partial image. The partial image is somehow also be tied to the file name extension.

You can change...

Ralston18

Titan
Is there a file name?

Did you manually delete the files or use the uninstaller?

What makes you believe or how do you know that a part remains?

For example: some pop-up window, continued slow loading....?

If the "part" is still running you may be able to find its location via Task Manager, Process Explorer, or Process Monitor.

Reactions: robertdonithan

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a file name?

Did you manually delete the files or use the uninstaller?

What makes you believe or how do you know that a part remains?

For example: some pop-up window, continued slow loading....?

If the "part" is still running you may be able to find its location via Task Manager, Process Explorer, or Process Monitor.
Well i cannot post the image but a partial image of the MTPDK Drumkit face shows up when i try to view the drum loops. But the plugin manager in cubase doesn't show after i unistalled it, apparently ther is still some left from the plugin and I'm not able to locate it through the file explorer search or looking on my own..

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan

What is it that you are clicking when you try to view the drum loops: an icon, a shortcut, a filename? Do you want the loop to actually play?

Do the drum loops filenames have their own unique extension? I saw a couple of links that indicated .wav or .mid by just searching for drum loops. Does MTPDK2 use one of those extensions or a proprietary extension?

When you click a drum loop file the extension part of the filename is used by Windows to launch the applicable application software.

If the applicable application is no longer installed then some default is being applied and you see the partial image. The partial image is somehow also be tied to the file name extension.

You can change the default associations:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-file-associations-windows

And there is also the possibility that Reliability History may be capturing some error code, warning, or even informational event when the view/play attempts are made.

Also look in Task Manager and Task Scheduler just to ensure that some remnant of MTPDK2 is not lingering behind.

Solution

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017

You can change the default associations:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-file-associations-windows

And there is also the possibility that Reliability History may be capturing some error code, warning, or even informational event when the view/play attempts are made.

Also look in Task Manager and Task Scheduler just to ensure that some remnant of MTPDK2 is not lingering behind.
I'll go with task manager..what do i type in?
Also in a cubase project there is a gui or user interface icon that when clulicked on brings up all the knobs prarameters, loops etc. - this is what I'm trying to find and erase.

Ralston18

Titan
In the "Type here to search box" just start typing "Task Manager". (Likewise for Task Scheduler.)

You can also right click the Window icon in the lower left screen window. Task Manager should appear as a menu choice.

Look in the Startup tab first. Then start looking through the other tabs. Do not stop anything that you do not recognize. Google beforehand.