How to find WINS Server IP Address?

Setting up a VPN from laptop to work desktop, both WinXP Pro.

I gather I need to enter DNS Server ip address and WINS server ip address as
well in the VPN connection properties of the laptop.

How can I determine the ip address of the WINS server on the work desktop?

TIA,

Mark Hammer
Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

From a command prompt;
ipconfig /all

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Mark Hammer" wrote:
| Setting up a VPN from laptop to work desktop, both WinXP Pro.
|
| I gather I need to enter DNS Server ip address and WINS server ip address
as
| well in the VPN connection properties of the laptop.
|
| How can I determine the ip address of the WINS server on the work desktop?
|
| TIA,
|
| Mark Hammer
| Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

Thanks Dave,

I knew about the ipconfig command, but it doesn't return anything labelled
WINS server.

Should I use the same address as the DNS Server(s)?

--Mark

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> From a command prompt;
> ipconfig /all
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Mark Hammer" wrote:
> | Setting up a VPN from laptop to work desktop, both WinXP Pro.
> |
> | I gather I need to enter DNS Server ip address and WINS server ip
> address
> as
> | well in the VPN connection properties of the laptop.
> |
> | How can I determine the ip address of the WINS server on the work
> desktop?
> |
> | TIA,
> |
> | Mark Hammer
> | Lake Oswego, Oregon, U.S.

Then your network probably doesn't use WINS