[SOLVED] How to fix an issue with my mouse

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Hi. As the title says I have a problem with my mouse. It's a bloody V8M mouse and it's issue is it's right-click button doesn't do anything. It worked like a charm until yesterday. As of now, I'm using a standard mouse. I need to know if there's a way to fix it and thanks in advance. The mouse has its own software where there are profiles for fps games and simple point and click ones. DPI up to 3200 I think or it maybe 2400. I always had it on Core 3 since it was like that when I got the mouse and learned of the software. I did not buy it brand new my cousin had been using it for a few years and the warranty is probably expired.

Solution
On some models with care you can open the case to access the components inside. Then you have to try things and diagnose.

Check the connections at any place where things plug into a socket. Sometimes you get a bad connection that has become dirty or loose, and simply unplugging and re-connecting carefully a few times can fix that. Or maybe a wire broken off that you can re-solder.

Check for any broken pieces of the parts, in case something cannot push what it should. If that's the problem, sometimes you can fix that, sometimes not.

If it appears the problem really is the tiny switch activated by the right button, it is common that you can NOT open that up and do anything to help, Moreover, it's usually impossible to get a replacement...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
On some models with care you can open the case to access the components inside. Then you have to try things and diagnose.

Check the connections at any place where things plug into a socket. Sometimes you get a bad connection that has become dirty or loose, and simply unplugging and re-connecting carefully a few times can fix that. Or maybe a wire broken off that you can re-solder.

Check for any broken pieces of the parts, in case something cannot push what it should. If that's the problem, sometimes you can fix that, sometimes not.

If it appears the problem really is the tiny switch activated by the right button, it is common that you can NOT open that up and do anything to help, Moreover, it's usually impossible to get a replacement switch. Then you only choice is to throw out the failed unit and replace it.

Solution

ZLATENDAB

Reputable
Jul 7, 2019
Is it because the button is stucked/broken or do you suspect software error? Have you tried the mouse on another computer?
I don't have any other computer to try it on but it just randomly stopped working. I plugged it in again and started clicking right click but it only right clicked once and nothing else. I don't know what to suspect