Question How to fix Hardware Monitor problem after updating BIOS ?

Jul 31, 2022
Jul 31, 2022
i expect he wants the values to not flicker like that anyway. He might not be using it for testing... i would question it myself.

I had this "problem" in my ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX701G, but the laptop ran fine aside from having an abysmal battery life because the previous owner trashed it.

I'd just revert to the previous BIOS, new BIOSes are prone to issues. Unless I need a new BIOS I just stick with what ships.

Colif

Win 11 Master
New hardware can benefit from being on latest BIOS as it can help with memory compatibility and add more support for your CPU.
Old hardware only benefits from a new BIOS if:
  • You are getting a new CPU and need to update to support it
  • there is a new feature added you want to use, like resizable bar.
  • You having BSOD as sometimes it can fix (depends on codes)
Most of time updating bios on old hardware won't help.

Looking at newest bios on his board, I could guess he updated to get win 11 support. All it does is sets Secure boot on by default, and turns on the ftpm. You technically don't need an update to do that.

Jul 31, 2022
New hardware can benefit from being on latest BIOS as it can help with memory compatibility and add more support for your CPU.
Old hardware only benefits from a new BIOS if:

Can. Doesn't always.

90% of the time it's just security fixes that only apply to the corporate and enterprise users.
Looking at newest bios on his board, I could guess he updated to get win 11 support. All it does is sets Secure boot on by default, and turns on the ftpm. You technically don't need an update to do that.

Exactly.

I've used Windows 11 for 5 minutes and I hate it. I had to use audit mode and command prompt to create a new local user account because Windows 11 OOBE requires an Internet connection.

Is there a Windows 11 rant megathread? I have some extremely not nice things I want to say about Microsoft.