Question How to fix internet getting slow while playing game that demand constant internet.

Mar 12, 2022
This problem has been happening to me ever since I switched internet providers to AT&T. Any time I play a video game like Fortnite, PubG, and any other game that needs lots of internet my internet speeds will drop very low like my upload speed with drop from 900 to like 0.22 while playing Fortnite. Also if I open google I will start to lag in game and have to close it out. This problem is pretty annoying because I want to be able to stream some games but since to speeds are so low I cant get any good bitrate. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know.

I would suspect something on your machine. Look for any type of software that claims it gives games some kind of priority or really any so called network acceleration apps. Many times these are bundled with the bloatware with motherboards or video cards.

You best test of this is to test the speeds with a different device when the game has issues.

Online games need almost no bandwidth, they are designed so people with tiny internet connections can also pay the game company money to play. Most games are around 500kbps or less.

This is not a over utilization issue it has to be something else. If you actually see some issue when you test with a different device then you suspect some bug in the router software but I doubt it since ATT keeps the software updated on its routers automatically.

Mar 12, 2022
I would suspect something on your machine. Look for any type of software that claims it gives games some kind of priority or really any so called network acceleration apps. Many times these are bundled with the bloatware with motherboards or video cards.

You best test of this is to test the speeds with a different device when the game has issues.

Online games need almost no bandwidth, they are designed so people with tiny internet connections can also pay the game company money to play. Most games are around 500kbps or less.

This is not a over utilization issue it has to be something else. If you actually see some issue when you test with a different device then you suspect some bug in the router software but I doubt it since ATT keeps the software updated on its routers automatically.
Thank you so much this worked and everything is good now I just checked if I can stream and I can Thank you.

Mar 12, 2022

And it was lenovo network boost that was causing the problem