Question How to fix KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after bios update

Feb 12, 2023
Hi, after upgrading bios to 02.05.2023 version on my b650 livemixer mobo i got this bsod after playing rust for like 2 min, my sound bugged and after 2 seconds i got BSOD, is it a easy fix? Thanks!Dumps Here in comments

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Did you clear the CMOS after you've verified that the BIOS was successfully updated to the latest version?

If you haven't, power down, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins. That's should clear the BIOS off of any residual settings.

Feb 12, 2023
Did you clear the CMOS after you've verified that the BIOS was successfully updated to the latest version?

If you haven't, power down, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins. That's should clear the BIOS off of any residual settings.
Is it safe? Will this just reset my bios settings? The BSOD happened once while playing a game, i can do everything other, like watching yt, doing something in unity, i installed an older version of BIOS but i haven’t tried it yet. When i got home ill check if the BSOD still occurs