Question How to fix low gpu usage with high cpu usage? (i7 6700 & GTX 1070ti &16gb ram)

Jan 4, 2020
Hi, I'm having a problem where my cpu usage is very high and my gpu usage is very low in almost every game (except for some GPU intensive games), resulting in low fps. For example in Minecraft I only get 100fps without shaders... and in CSGO only 130fps. Also in GTA 5 my gpu usage is most of the time around 50%. Could this be because I have slow ram (2133mhz)? My motherboard only supports up to 2400mhz. Should I upgrade to 2400mhz? I've searched everywhere on the internet but simply can't find a solution. BTW I've already tried to do a full fresh install of windows 10. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Thanks in advance.

The single core performance against the RAM is low. Seems very surprising if this makes much of a difference. Also upgrading to 2400mhz is pointless, to see material gains you need to go 3000+ which I know isn’t supported. Try overclocking your RAM to 2400mhz, you may need to push the voltage to 1.35v or even higher.

Jan 4, 2020
The single core performance against the RAM is low. Seems very surprising if this makes much of a difference. Also upgrading to 2400mhz is pointless, to see material gains you need to go 3000+ which I know isn’t supported. Try overclocking your RAM to 2400mhz, you may need to push the voltage to 1.35v or even higher.
In my bios there is no overclock option for the ram. Alienware's bios is complete garbage. I think upgrading and enabling XPM for 2400mhz may fix it? I've read some stuff about that fixing low gpu usage issues but I'm not sure.

Yeah I know, but I think I read somewhere that if you can enable XMP the ram overclock options are not greyed out anymore. Right now XMP and the whole overclock tab is greyed out in my BIOS.
I don’t believe different RAM will enable new settings in the BIOS. If the motherboard says it only supports up to 2400 it’s unlikely even if settings are unlocked you can go past that. Even if it did there is no guarantee it will be stable at anything higher.

Jan 4, 2020
I don’t believe different RAM will enable new settings in the BIOS. If the motherboard says it only supports up to 2400 it’s unlikely even if settings are unlocked you can go past that. Even if it did there is no guarantee it will be stable at anything higher.
Ah that makes sense indeed. So you are not really sure what is causing the problems based on my userbenchmark results?