Question how to fix pcie error reporting code 0000007

Nov 19, 2021
im having issues with my gpu there was atrifacts on screen so i hopped into device mangaer i right click > properties then it says windows has stopped this device because it reported errors (code 43) so i go to details then sort by pcie error reoprting and it just says 0000007 and when i try install drivers nothing happens perhaps maybe a corupt windows install media that i have ?
specs
mobo gigabye aurous b550 elite ax v2
cpu r7 3770x
ram 2x8gb corsair vengance lpx 3200mhs (i think )
gpu asus rog strix 1050ti oc 4gb

also the pci uncorectablle error severity code is 00462030

Nov 15, 2021
Artifacts usually mean there is something wrong with the hardware. Could be overheating GPU, bad contact with PCIE, or GPU memory is diying. I haven't ever seen any software or BIOS related issues with artifacts, but i guess thats a possibility still.

Have you checked GPU temperatures? You can do that with GPU-Z or HWinfo for example, and you should be able to see both core temp. and memory temp. (if i remember correct with 1050ti).

Did this problem occur when you had changes to your hardware, like changed cpu, mobo or something, or did it start all the sudden?

Nov 19, 2021
Artifacts usually mean there is something wrong with the hardware. Could be overheating GPU, bad contact with PCIE, or GPU memory is diying. I haven't ever seen any software or BIOS related issues with artifacts, but i guess thats a possibility still.

Have you checked GPU temperatures? You can do that with GPU-Z or HWinfo for example, and you should be able to see both core temp. and memory temp. (if i remember correct with 1050ti).

Did this problem occur when you had changes to your hardware, like changed cpu, mobo or something, or did it start all the sudden?
temps are fine 37 degrees celcius

Nov 15, 2021
it all started when i reset my windows and put my nvme drive in to my pc
so perhaps a corupt windows insall or my installation media is corrupt perhaps?

Yeah i guess it could be software/driver issue with Windows. BUT, if it started when you installed NVME, maybe you accidently hit GPU or something? I'd take GPU OFF from PCIE-slot and reseat it. Some PCIE-slots are pretty loose and a small movement to GPU can cause issues. And make sure that 6pin power cable connection to GPU is tight enough (usually clicks). I know this sounds a bit far fetched, but from my experience artifacts and PCIE-errors are often caused by something like this, not software or drivers. But thats still a possibility i guess, so if GPU is correctly seated, Windows reinstall is one option.

Nov 19, 2021
Yeah i guess it could be software/driver issue with Windows. BUT, if it started when you installed NVME, maybe you accidently hit GPU or something? I'd take GPU OFF from PCIE-slot and reseat it. Some PCIE-slots are pretty loose and a small movement to GPU can cause issues. And make sure that 6pin power cable connection to GPU is tight enough (usually clicks). I know this sounds a bit far fetched, but from my experience artifacts and PCIE-errors are often caused by something like this, not software or drivers. But thats still a possibility i guess, so if GPU is correctly seated, Windows reinstall is one option.
i bougght a new motherboard yesterday and it came earlier today so i rebuilt my pc so it cant be that

Nov 15, 2021
i bougght a new motherboard yesterday and it came earlier today so i rebuilt my pc so it cant be that

Okay, and did the problem start when you installed your motherboard or M.2 drive? You should check your GPU connections. Reseat the GPU to PCIE slot and make sure it clicks, and make sure you have 6pin power cable to GPU (its an OC 1050ti that requires 6pin cable). If those are fine, it could be BIOS issue with motherboard aswell. Check Gigabyte's site if there is newer version to your BIOS, BUT updating bios can go terribly wrong in worst case screnarios, so make sure you follow every step carefully.

Nov 19, 2021
Okay, and did the problem start when you installed your motherboard or M.2 drive? You should check your GPU connections. Reseat the GPU to PCIE slot and make sure it clicks, and make sure you have 6pin power cable to GPU (its an OC 1050ti that requires 6pin cable). If those are fine, it could be BIOS issue with motherboard aswell. Check Gigabyte's site if there is newer version to your BIOS, BUT updating bios can go terribly wrong in worst case screnarios, so make sure you follow every step carefully.
Ot started after I got my nvme drive and installed windows and formatted my c drive I'm fairly certain it's the gpu it's self or just a corrupt windows install

Nov 15, 2021
Ot started after I got my nvme drive and installed windows and formatted my c drive I'm fairly certain it's the gpu it's self or just a corrupt windows install

Corrupted Windows should not cause Artifacts and even PCIE-errors are usually not software or windows problems, your problem sounds more like a hardware problem. Read my message and try those tips i gave you, otherwise im done helping man.

Nov 19, 2021
Corrupted Windows should not cause Artifacts and even PCIE-errors are usually not software or windows problems, your problem sounds more like a hardware problem. Read my message and try those tips i gave you, otherwise im done helping man.
Everything is seated correctly the gpu power light is on if the power wasnt plugged it it would be red
The gpu displays a picture but the cpu dose the work and I dont have a igpu so the card is barely working

Nov 15, 2021
Everything is seated correctly the gpu power light is on if the power wasnt plugged it it would be red
The gpu displays a picture but the cpu dose the work and I dont have a igpu so the card is barely working

Okay good. And is the GPU seated on the upper PCIE-E lane on the mobo? Mobo manual: '' For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot. '' And that slot is the one on the up and its white unlike the down ones wich are black.

If Windows reinstall is easy job for you (no files to backup etc.) you could try that, but im pretty sure that it won't solve the problem. Have you tried to reinstall Nvidia drivers?

Nov 19, 2021
Okay good. And is the GPU seated on the upper PCIE-E lane on the mobo? Mobo manual: '' For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot. '' And that slot is the one on the up and its white unlike the down ones wich are black.

If Windows reinstall is easy job for you (no files to backup etc.) you could try that, but im pretty sure that it won't solve the problem. Have you tried to reinstall Nvidia drivers?
I have yes used ddu