Question How to fix unable to boot bios (even splash screen not loading) on newly built PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2020
Hi there, I recent built my new PC and having troubles booting it up. The CPU fan, GPU fan & Mobo light is working. Even the splash screen is not coming up and no beep sound. I had gone through a number of troubleshooting with RAM & GPU but not luck. Not sure what is the fault here. Any help is deeply appreciated and thanks in advance.

Below are the specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5
RAM: 2 X 8GB HyperX Kingston 2666Mhz

Feb 2, 2020
make and model of the psu?
what connection are you using to connect the monitor to the gpu?

Hi there.

1) PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt 650W 80 Plus Bronze Semi Modular

2) Monitor Connection: At the monitor end is a VGA connection and at GPU is HDMI. Tried hooking at the HDMI & DVI port on Mobo & GPU and the same issue.
- I'm using a HDMI to VGA adapter and once the computer is turned ON, the monitor is just blank and the power light at the monitor just blinks.

- However, connecting the connection to my laptop works (Laptop: HDMI ; Monitor: VGA)

- Did tried with a DVI to VGA adapter as well. (GPU: DVI ; Monitor: VGA). Same result.

Feb 2, 2020
Have you checked if the ram is inserted properly?

Yes, several times actually until i heard the click. Also, tried with single RAM and it was the same.

Did tried to boot it up without the RAM too and it was the same. However, without the RAM, when i pressed on the computer Power button it could not shut down and had to power OFF using the PSU.

Fixing the RAM onto the mobo and turning ON & OFF has no issues after that test.

Jun 9, 2020
Asus B450-i Rog Strix Gaming
Asrock B450m Pro 4
Ryzen 5 3600
T-Force 16GB kit (2x8GB) DDR 3200
Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280
Thermaltake 80 plus Smart 600W
Video Cards that I tried:
PNY GTS250 ------>>>>>>>>>>> Getting video out DVI
Gigabyte GV-R7870C-2GD --->> Getting video out only DVI (NO HDMI)
Radeon RX 5700 XT --------->>>> Not Getting any video out (ports DP and HDMI only)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm really stuck. Building a new pc shouldn't be this difficult (i thought)
I keep getting bios splash
I can get into the bios and see the cpu, ram, disk drive, any usb that i connect to it.
I had created boot windows 10 usb from windows tools, rufus, balena etcher, and aomeibackupper from 2 different computers. Used 3 different USB's stick over 8GB and plug on all the ports and even try installing Linus thru usb. Also, even tried booting windows from internal SSD.
At first I thought it was a faulty motherboard so I got another (Asus B450-i) and it is also having the same issues.
No matter what I do, it will always reboot, shows motherboard logo and bios options (f2, delete, etc) and continues loop.
I had even try removing the cmos and nothing , and force boot usb.
Please help....

i had this issue too, same thing, could get into bios but not further

After bios, the first thing that is used is the hdd/sdd
In my case the sdd was borked
as soon as i tried a different hdd it would continue to boot

can you try another hdd/sdd?

also remove the Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 2280 whilst testing

Status
Not open for further replies.