How to Fix Windows 7 When It Fails to Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Very valuable and useful information - when I help friends and family with their computer problems (PC), they call me a "computer genius" - but I smile, because I am simply following helpful information like provided in this article :)

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
The How-To appears in the News only because there's no good section for it quite yet on the home page. But if you guys like this guide, we'll keep producing more and eventually if you guys think it's worthwhile and popular, we'll create a big section for them.

Let me know!

/ Tuan

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]The How-To appears in the News only because there's no good section for it quite yet on the home page. But if you guys like this guide, we'll keep producing more and eventually if you guys think it's worthwhile and popular, we'll create a big section for them.Let me know!/ Tuan[/citation]
Yes, by all means create a Guides section. I already knew the basics of fixing Win7 startup issues (like creating a System Recovery Disc and using Startup Repair), but this guide will definitely be handy when those automatic tools fail to get the job done!

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]oconnellda[/nom]This is also good for users who have used Linux and want to remove GRUB boot loader.[/citation]

I have never had any issues with GRUB, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

jimkiler

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I don't understand why setting the active partition is so hidden. I had a friend show me diskpart and that is how I learned that valuable tool.

smashley

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Seemed odd to have this in the news section, but it is a great guide. A How-To section would be awesome to have, especially if they're as well put together as this one. Keep them coming for sure :)

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]The How-To appears in the News only because there's no good section for it quite yet on the home page. But if you guys like this guide, we'll keep producing more and eventually if you guys think it's worthwhile and popular, we'll create a big section for them.Let me know!/ Tuan[/citation]
Good idea! You could also include some of the better guides from the forums - I think that this would encourage the writing of more of them, because right now they just scroll into oblivion if not stickied.

bdonedge

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Learned a lot. I love articles like this. I prefer to read things that are informative, rather than how many ipads have sold. that being said, I wasn't aware command prompt had the ability to do these things from a boot disc.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Only if I saw this article a year ago.[/citation]
I did see it and thought it was great then too.

Also, anamaniac, 1 year from now do not get on that blue crosstown bus!

Status
Not open for further replies.