How to fix xbox 360 controller's joystick

John699

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
So yeah I might sound a bit cheesy but I definitely can't afford another xbox 360 controller as just a month ago I bought the whole new entire rig

So the problem is within both the xbox 360 direction stick.....it continues to press itself unless and untill i squeeze it but it's making my gaming experience go down hill as I'm more engaged in fixing the direction stick then focusing on the game itself

So guys plz suggest something and don't worry the warrant is long gone so I'm pretty much open to anything.....the thing is I wanted to buy xbox one wireless controller but as I live in a third world country here it's costing me $200 and xbox 360 wireless costing around $100 and wired xbox $70.

But if I could prolong this stick for a bit in might have the money for xbox one controller which I adore so much

John699

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

Thanks a lot and definitely I will give it a try but was wondering what exactly is the electronic spray as I don't live in such a advanced country I'm a bit unsure if I can get that cuz my only problem is the stick and in that video he says to use electronic spray for the stick and rubbing alcohol for for the buttons...now I can get the rubbing alcohol as a matter of fact I will use the alcohol doctors use before the shot which by the way is called rubbing alcohol......so can I just use the rubbing alcohol on those stick as well as I'm being a bit skeptic whether I will get electronics spray here

John699

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

Well wd 40 is available but hey its for rust avoider as I use it in my cabinet fans when they get stuck....it works as the lubrication but I don't know why would someone apply it in the xbox stick as I think it's gonna make it even worst.....do know that the sticks ain't jam it's smooth as butter as it was from the very beginning....the only problem is that in game the character doesn't stay at one place as the stick itself keep pressing itself or I don't know so I had to squeeze it hard and twist it then it stabilizes

I hope you get the picture

John699

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016

Well now it's really getting complicated as I'm pretty sure we only have access to one and only one kinda wd 40

So will it be okay if I just used rubbing alcohol to clean the stick?

hhaikal1171

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017

Well now it's really getting complicated as I'm pretty sure we only have access to one and only one kinda wd 40

So will it be okay if I just used rubbing alcohol to clean the stick?

I know this thread is old.. but I'm just done fixing my xbox 360 controller
I used wd 40 and I think its not necessarily need to, just cleaning it will get the job done. because in my case the inside of the joystick is dirty
but gotta do it safe tho, because WD 40 is safe to use on electronics.