Question How to get Linux Mint 21.3 to see my Logitech 9000 Camera

How detailed ?

According to this post, that web cam is supported out of the box. You need a program that can record, such as Cheese or OBS Studio, both available in Linux Mint software center (too late now, sitting on my Fedora laptop so I just can't recall the exact name).

dadalka

Commendable
Nov 30, 2021
What I discovered is my Logitech 9000 camera was defective sometimes is would work and sometimes not. I replaced it with a Logitech C310 HD Camera. Jeremyj_83’s video on How to connect a USB drive in VMware was great. First select Linux Mint right click on it and chose settings then chose USB Controller then chose USB Compatibility then select USB 1.1. I tried all three settings and 1.1 worked the best. Startup Linux Mint Under Player select removable devices and check next to Logitech C310 HD Web Cam there should be two messages appear click ok on both. I tired Cheese, Webcamoid and guview. If I set the USB controller to 2.0 or 3.1 when the camera started up the picture would flicker the only way, I got it to stabilize is to set the USB controller to 1.1. Slowing the transmission speed down. This worked for me.