[SOLVED] How to get PS4 and PC audio with HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset?

Aug 12, 2018
As the title says. I want to be able to receive audio from both the PC and PS4 on one headset. Am I able to do this with the chords the headset came with? Or do I have to purchase a mixamp? And if a mixamp, which one?

Solution
Yeah need optical cable. But there's mention of an adapter for optical to 3.5mm in the manual.

Need optical cable to 3.5mm like this
noc4_1_1.jpg

http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/645611/astro-gaming-a40_mixamp-pro.html?page=12

Aux is listed as input so should work with PC.

Aug 12, 2018

I was looking into this recently: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014H2W1YO/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
Would this be a good option?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Would be good to use that after the Hdmi switcher to boost the headphones.

If went the AVR, it already has an amp so wouldn't need that.

I'd try just the Hdmi switcher first because it too might have a dac to boost audio so it'll probably be fine. If you find volume too low then go for the mixamp.

--

I'm assuming you're not thinking of using that mixamp to combine PS4 + PC's Hdmi. You still need Hdmi out for the display which the Hdmi splitter does.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Should have asked first, just realised. How are you getting audio from PC? And are you using one display between them?

Somehow i assumed you were using your graphic card's audio for audio via hdmi. If PC's audio was connected via 3.5mm jack and PS4 (not slim) via optical then the mixamp you're looking at should work.

Aug 12, 2018

My PC doesn't have HDMI. But my monitor does.

Aug 12, 2018

I have one ASUS monitor that's connected to my PS4. While another AOC is connected to my PC. I'm currently using the internal speakers the PC has and it's not all that great quality. I'm using the HyperX CA headset that's connected to the Asus monitor and not my controller because that's the only way OBS picks up the gameplay audio.

Aug 12, 2018

Would I need two of those 3.5mm cables?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Does your Ps4 have optical out?

What sort of PC, what kind of internal speakers? Or do you mean monitor speakers? List specs.

If your PC has audio jacks like this then a male to male 3.5mm extension cable i mentioned earlier would connect from the green plug to the mixamp

images

Aug 12, 2018

I see the optical port on the back of my PS4. Would I need to purchase some optical cable?

TRENDING THREADS